Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

QCA?

Options
  • 14-01-2011 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭

I've been hearing about these 2.1 and 2.2 for a while. Never really understood them.

Just wondering though what's the lowest QCA one has to get a second class honours?

I found some marks and standards but it's from 1998. It's been 12 years has anything changed? Can someone explain the system to me?

Thanks for the help :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭UDAWINNER

2:1= 62%-69%
    2:2= 55%-61%
    Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Mcjmetroid

Thanks for thats not quite what I meant. It's tough to explain this actually :)

This is from an old post from 2003 on boards

A1 = 4.0
    A2 = 3.6
    B1 = 3.2
    B2 = 3.0
    B3 = 2.8
    C1 = 2.6
    C2 = 2.4
    C3 = 2.0
    D1 = 1.6
    D2 = 1.2

I just mean has this changed? Does a second class honours still require a 2.8 minimum?

I can't seem to find a ul page on the matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Ask your course director for a definitive answer.

Broadly speaking;

>3.4 = 1.1

>3.0 = 2.1

>2.7 = 2.2

Though there is usually a discretionary band of 0.1 for most courses meaning 2.9 would get you a 2.1

Again, the only way you'll get a definite answer on this is by emailing your course director.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Mcjmetroid

OK thanks for your help :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Hi Mcjmetroid, as a UL graduate I can tell you that in order to get a 2.2 honours degree you need a QCA of 2.6 - 2.9; 3.0 - 3.4 gets you a 2.1 honours degree and first class honours is only received on a QCA greater than 3.4. Hope this helps.

Advertisement