Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Car log book problem

• 14-01-2011 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭

I changed my car about 3 months ago, i only realised the other day i never received the log book for it though. I called the garage who said they'd sent it to shannon etc but they managed to put down an incorrect address in it.
    I got a family member to call to the wrong address it was sent to which is a rented house and no sign of the log book.
    The garage told me theres nothing they can do and i have to go to the tax office myself to sort it out and it's not a big problem, thing is though that it is a big problem trying to get a day off work and travelling from wexford to meath to do it.
    I dont think i should have to take a day off work just to sort a problem that they caused, can i do anything to put the problem back onto the garage.

Thanks for any advice :)

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Phone Shannon 1890 365000 yourself and explain the story to them. See what they suggest you do. (The phone filtering system is long-winded but persevere). As it is in your name you may find they can sort it out, and if not they will tell you the procedure. Also, motortax.ie has a vehicle transaction check where you can see if a change of ownership has gone through, (though not the details) so you can see if the garage information is correct.

As Wexford has a motor tax office I would hope it wouldnt involve a trip to Meath at all, even if you do need to sort it yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Print the PDF (form RF124), get it signed by a Garda, post it off with the €12 fee. Go after the garage to refund the fee if you like, as it's their mistake in the first place.

There's no need to take a day off work, travel to Meath, or any of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Motors

dudara

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

How do they know which address they sent it to?
    RIng shannon 061365000, ask if ownership has been changed.

Surely you signed the change of ownership yourself.

My guess is it was never sent in the first place.

Advertisement