Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walking clubs

Options
  • 14-01-2011 2:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi
    I am looking for a walking club that has a warm relaxed atmosphere.

I noticed that some of the walking clubs I've seen online are restricted to numbers, which to me makes no sence, how can you stop someone from walking? Also they are all located alonge the beach. Although I would like to go to different places like bray, malahide, phoenix park, etc I would ideally like one more around the dublin 8, 10, 12 area.

Can anyone recommend any or is anyone interested in joining me about once a week. I am just looking to chat and get fit at the same time.

Oh my dog joins me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

normally they clubs would have a bus that would take the walkers to the location, I would imagine part of the number restrictions is for places on the bus etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 sol99

think the 3 way would make you fitter faster and more fun or just a 2 way

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

None of the big clubs will accept walkers with dogs, dogs are generally not welcome by landowners as they can frighten livestock if not properly controlled.

Some clubs restrict numbers because
    a) They don't want 100 people turning up for a hike, it is unmanageable
    b) It is bad for the hills to have very large groups tramping over an area.

Advertisement