Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Visonics Power Max Siren problem.

• 14-01-2011 3:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi....newbie here.

I have a PowerMax ssytem that has been iffy at best, but now the siren only cycles for 1 to 2 seconds and shuts off. This works on remote panic, panel panel and when tripped by a sensor.

Any ideas of if it is fixable and how to do it.

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

How long is the system installed?
    Have you checked the battery?
    Also to comfirm or eliminate the battery take the bell down & connect to the power from the panel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 EncoreAgain

Sorry. Forgot to say that the siren is hardwired.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Very odd. I would try disconnecting the power (and battery if connected)from the siren. Remove if from the system. Wait a minute, power it back up & reinstall.

No luck. I disconnected the 110 wire to the siren. Don't think there is a battery in the housing as the control panel has battery back up and all of the juice comes from the control panel.

Actually the siren cycles for about one second. Then as it shuts down, tge orange trouble light briefly flashes, then the only light on, is the power light. No faults showing.

The siren normally would have a battery also, although not connected by default.
    How old is the unit?
    My next step would be to try out a new siren.
    If the unit is less than 2 years old I'd be looking for a replacement.

• Advertisement

Here is the latest.

I took the siren apart. Definitely no battery.

I then enable the piezo alarm on the control panel.

I activated the alarm. The piezo alarm ran fine, until I shut it off. The exterior siren did nothing.

I switched polarity on the wires to the exterior siren, and activted. Both it, and the piezo alarm cycled for 1 second and then shut down.

i am stumped as to where the fault could be?

You need to try a new siren.
    How old is the unit?

The unit is only two years old, but we're in the Caribbean, so there may be an issue with salt air, etc...

Logically, I just cannot associate the problem as being with the siren because it functions for 1 second and the piezo siren in the control panel also functions for one second when both are connected in a certain polarity. Then when the polarity is changed the ext. siren fails to work and the piezo works as expected. This is a head scratcher. That said, I'll pick up another siren and eat my words.

I am not sure myself.Just following a process of elimination.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,773 ✭✭✭✭altor

Here is the latest.

I took the siren apart. Definitely no battery.

I then enable the piezo alarm on the control panel.

I activated the alarm. The piezo alarm ran fine, until I shut it off. The exterior siren did nothing.

I switched polarity on the wires to the exterior siren, and activted. Both it, and the piezo alarm cycled for 1 second and then shut down.

i am stumped as to where the fault could be?

Which system have you installed, what wired bell have you got with the system ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement