Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick UPC question

• 14-01-2011 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭

Hey guys

Quick one, my folks are getting UPC 10mb BB installed tomorrow but they only have a PC which is not anywhere close to a tv point. Assuming that they go with the wireless option, will UPC provide them with a dongle for the PC?

I'm doubting they do so I was going to pick this up later.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9255124/Trail/searchtext%3EWIRELESS+ADAPTER.htm

I presume that will do the trick?

Cheers in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I don't think UPC will provide any Wifi adapter, but the one you linked should do it. Wifi is range limited, and if the computer is far from the modem, then it may be very bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 174 ✭✭surf board

When we got our broadband (about 2 years ago), they gave us a Netgear wireless dongle worth €50.

I told the installer we didn't have a wireless card in the PC or laptop (at the time). He went to his van and gave us one for free! You might be lucky.

Advertisement