Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

car shaking at 60 mph and above

Options
  • 14-01-2011 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭

during the snow in december i spun my car into a ditch. now when driving at 60 mph or above the back end of the car seems to be shaking and juddering any ideas please.
    thanks darrcow

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Buckled road wheel possibly. Get it checked out.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Tracking and/or allignment is out

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Cabaal wrote: »
    Tracking and/or allignment is out
    Would he not have noticed the car drifting left or right badly if the alignment was that far out to cause shaking?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

It could be something as simple as wheel balancing, maybe you knocked a wheel weight off when you hit the ditch. It could also a bit more serious like something bent in the suspension. You should really get someone who knows what they are doing to take a look at it.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Matt Simis wrote: »
    Would he not have noticed the car drifting left or right badly if the alignment was that far out to cause shaking?

Perhaps, left out balancing as well,
    I had the exact same issue as the OP and I know it was one of the three

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

It could be a number of things but a few minutes on a mechanic's lift should find the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭MarkoC

Id put my coins onto curved wheel here ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

The weight's used to balance the wheel may well have been lost from the ditch impact so getting the wheels tracked & balanced would be the first call...
    then check control arm rods / bushes / wheel bearings...

You could also swap with the spare to see which side is causing the problem before bringing to a garage.

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Tickets on sale now!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

Check the inside of the wheel for mud etc from the ditch.

If there is not build up of mud then wheel balancing is the next port of call.

Advertisement