Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a good entertainment sub ?

• 14-01-2011 3:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what if any entertainment type subs are available on foreign sats?

I have looked at cyfra and it seems to be mostly about sport. Are there any reasonably priced subs available for entertainment / documentaries / film in english?

What packages? what satellites? how much? etc

Many thanks for any help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭irishchris

I have cyfra card and jsc sport card. Cyfra has some great (new) movies on daily mostly in english and also show a lot of us dramas.
    I was looking at a bulsat card last year which was reasonable cost and had channels in english

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭dnme

Chris, where would you buy that cyfra card? I am seeing some foreign websites with crazy prices.

Also, where would I find a list of channels available with the card? and what sats would I need to point to?

Many thanks

dnme wrote: »
    Chris, where would you buy that cyfra card? I am seeing some foreign websites with crazy prices.

Also, where would I find a list of channels available with the card? and what sats would I need to point to?

Many thanks

the card i have is with hd for 170 {rates vary with exchange between euro and polish - i paid 160 6 months ago}
    http://www.satsklep.pl/index.php?s=produkt&id_prod=1250&id_kat=80&id_typu=0

without hd for 150 for 13 months
    http://www.satsklep.pl/index.php?s=produkt&id_prod=1249&id_kat=80&id_typu=0

the channels are listed beside the packages above. about 6 channels.
    in conjunction with fta it is a great package for the price

cyfar is on 13 east {hotbird}

irishchris wrote: »
    the card i have is with hd for 170 {rates vary with exchange between euro and polish - i paid 160 6 months ago}
    http://www.satsklep.pl/index.php?s=produkt&id_prod=1250&id_kat=80&id_typu=0

without hd for 150 for 13 months
    http://www.satsklep.pl/index.php?s=produkt&id_prod=1249&id_kat=80&id_typu=0

the channels are listed beside the packages above. about 6 channels.
    in conjunction with fta it is a great package for the price

cyfar is on 13 east {hotbird}

Forgive my ignorance Chris. Are you saying €150 quid for 6 canal+ channels is good value?

EDIT: Infact its not even 6 channels, its 4 as two of them are HD duplicates. What am I missing here? are there other channels available besides these 4 canal+'s?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Forgive my ignorance Chris. Are you saying €150 quid for 6 canal+ channels is good value?

EDIT: Infact its not even 6 channels, its 4 as two of them are HD duplicates. What am I missing here? are there other channels available besides these 4 canal+'s?

If you are looking for just entertainment it isn't.

• Advertisement

apologies for me it is good value as i used sky for my premiership football and movie channels which cost me over 60 euro a month. now i get my football and new movies in hd for 160 so for me personally it is. but i suppose it is personal preference and as you are only after the entertainment side of it like you said is probably not good value if this is the case.
    im sure some oft he guys on here can direct you to some other good packages but the likes of sky italia,canal nordic,sky germany canal fr etc will be a great deal more but would provide greater choice

I can't believe how expensive tele is. Just had a look at Sky's site, mother of god it's a rip off. 27 odd quid a month starter pack?

Are there any good fta channels out there in foreign sat land in english? any ent subs for 100 quid or there abouts?

Many thanks

There isn't a whole lot in English that are FTA apart from those available on a Sky box.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    There isn't a whole lot in English that are FTA apart from those available on a Sky box.
    What sports channels doyou get with the card,would you get rubgy and motor sports etc with card

What card?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭tapfit2004

I can't believe how expensive tele is. Just had a look at Sky's site, mother of god it's a rip off. 27 odd quid a month starter pack?

Are there any good fta channels out there in foreign sat land in english? any ent subs for 100 quid or there abouts?

Many thanks

26e arabsat has some fta channels that show a good few american shows, usually in english with arabic subtitles. mbc, Abu Dhabi and dubai channels are ones i can remember.

you would need a fairly big dish. i used to use a 1m in dublin and get ok reception except in rain but a 1.1 or bigger would be better.

look at: http://www.lyngsat.com/badr.html for a list of channels available.

the beams receivable in ireland are the bss and mbc(it used to be anyway) beams, i dont think the fss is receivable here.

look at: http://www.dmi.ae/mobile/mob_programs_en.asp?ChannelId=4&PTID=0 for a list of programs on dubai one.

Advertisement