Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Paintball - Team Interest

Options
  • 14-01-2011 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

As some you may recall I tried to get an IV's Paintball team together last February. This year with 2 other UCD Students we're trying to get a Paintball team together. We are hoping to train fortnightly and compete in the two major national leagues. We will also be competing in the IV's.

We would like to point out at this time that we are not an official UCD Society or Club. We are waiting for approval from UCD but we need to get training underway as soon as possible. This is a completely not for profit initiative and I'll happily meet up in person with anyone if they have any questions. We're hoping to organise a brief meeting in UCD in the coming two weeks.

Worldwide paintball is gaining popularity as a sport and some statisics place it above Snowboarding in participation. It has been featured on EuroSport and every year the Millennium Series takes place across Europe. This is the format of the competitions we will be taking part in.

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21Gk9mv-rm4

So if you have an interest, post up here, PM me or check us out on FaceBook. All our details are there.

http://en-gb.facebook.com/pages/UCD-Paintball-Club/239469004677

If you want further information about the Irish Leagues or Irish Paintball in general, check out: http://www.paintballer.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Redzer-600

Ah class i'd be really interested in that..... il pm you now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Redzer-600 wrote: »
    Ah class i'd be really interested in that..... il pm you now

Cheers Redzer. More info is available on the FaceBook group.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

I'm 5th prestige in COD am I good enough

I'm 5th prestige in COD am I good enough

10th Prestige Minimum :pac:

Some photos from today at the Speedball Open Day in Barrage Paintball:

5360655044_75ac2f5ffb_z.jpg

5360655732_ea0fd09e5f.jpg

5360042845_4254a6f760.jpg

5360658308_5ebf5b5def.jpg

5360660820_216f1ed89c.jpg

5360047073_7367b53da5.jpg

5360662874_d838becc5a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Redzer-600

Looks class...... How will training be done???? Im all up for it. Getting afew of my friends too!

• Advertisement

We have been contacted by the Authorities in University College Dublin following complaints to clarify the following:

"UCD Paintball Club" is not an official club, society or affiliated body of University College Dublin

We are merely a genuine team / group of students in University College Dublin that play paintball. As a team we would also like to add that at no time did we claim to be an official club, society or affiliated body of University College Dublin. The attachment of the acronym "UCD" to our name was not an indication of official status but merely a guide to our location, which we may also add was never equated (intentionally or unintentionally) to University College Dublin.

From the first post here:
    We would like to point out at this time that we are not an official UCD Society or Club. We are waiting for approval from UCD but we need to get training underway as soon as possible

And from our email:
    We are writing to you as a fledgling Paintball Society in UCD . We have been undergoing the approval process with UCD for the past 18 months but sadly our application was not approved before Freshers Week 2010 and will most likely not be approved for Re-Freshers 2011

On our FaceBook:
    We would like to remind players that we aren't an official UCD society, club or affiliated body. We are just a group of UCD students who wish to promote paintball in UCD

Advertisement