Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 contract/price plan query

Options
  • 14-01-2011 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭

So I just had someone from O2 customer care ring me as they do every few months. I have an iPhone 3Gs with them with free calls and texts to o2, unlimited data, 150 mins and 100 texts. Thanks to the very helpful people on here I availed of the opportunity to come out of the contract with them as they were modifying something in the price plan. I had initially signed up to an 18 month contract in January 2009 so still would have 6 months to go on it. Anyway every time they ring they sneakily try and sign me up to a new contract but I'm very aware of what they're doing and give them a very definite answer. This time the lady on the phone said that o2 would not allow me to continue on this price plan after June as this is when my contract would have ended even though I don't have a contract with them so she said if I wanted to continue with this plan I would HAVE to sign up to a new contract. I'm just wondering if this is right? I didn't know so I didn't question her but I'd like to know for next time so I can give an informed reply

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭racer1

Hi there. Im on exactly the same plan as you but still in contract till may. This is what i think will happen if you agree. Your tariff will increase to 45 euro a month from 40. And you will lose your unlimited data to 500mb per month. They are desperate. Be very careful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭racer1

This time the lady on the phone said that o2 would not allow me to continue on this price plan after June as this is when my contract would have ended even though I don't have a contract with them so she said if I wanted to continue with this plan I would HAVE to sign up to a new contract. I'm just wondering if this is right? I didn't know so I didn't question her but I'd like to know for next time so I can give an informed reply

I would contact the regulator on this. My opinion is your out of contract and if they could force you off the contract they would.

If they threaten you again i would say ok i will port to 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,228 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

racer1 wrote: »
    If they threaten you again i would say ok i will port to 3.

why bother waiting for a threat....

Advertisement