Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Writers' Weekend - Writing Comp!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

"Copyright will remain with the entrant, but Waterford City Council reserves the right to arrange the first publication, broadcast or dramatisation of the selected work as they see fit."

No thanks...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

^ good spot.

Happens EVERYTIME the council run any competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Waterford City Council Library Services

Thanks for your interest in the competition guys- it merely means the Council retains the right to have the winning entries read aloud/recorded or posted on the Seandunne.ie site, as winning entries. The City Council doesn't profit from the winning entries.

It also means the council would be able to publish it as part of a collection (e.g. as a book with a price on it) in the future. And your condition refers to any work submitted, not just the winning ones. Am I wrong?

If what you say is true, then why shouldn't the terms + conditions just state "The Council retains the right to have the submitted works read aloud/recorded or posted on the Seandunne.ie site, as winning entries. The City Council does not profit ANY entries."

Edit: For what it's worth, I came 3rd with the Junior entries for this years back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Waterford City Council Library Services

It also means the council would be able to publish it as part of a collection (e.g. as a book with a price on it) in the future. And your condition refers to any work submitted, not just the winning ones. Am I wrong?

If what you say is true, then why shouldn't the terms + conditions just state "The Council retains the right to have the submitted works read aloud/recorded or posted on the Seandunne.ie site, as winning entries. The City Council does not profit ANY entries."

Edit: For what it's worth, I came 3rd with the Junior entries for this years back.

Delighted to hear you're a previous winner! If you'd like to take it up with the Arts Office you can email them on seandunne@waterfordcity.ie or directly through the Arts Office on arts@waterfordcity.ie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

How come theres no over 30's category? I feel left out :(

Advertisement