Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC bump to 20 Mb

• 14-01-2011 5:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭

Just had a text from UPC saying I was bumped to 20Mb. Checked the website and they are now offering 10, 20, 30 and 100 Mbit

Might be worth resetting your modem tonight.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 758 ✭✭✭finno

Same here didn't have to reset my modem either.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 The_Jabberwock

I was informed of this on Monday while paying the bill over the phone, it adds €2 to your bill. No word of this in my text. Silly UPC.

Also, she didn't know if they'd altered their contention ratio. Hnnnnnnghhhhh

:mad:

Yeah, like Finno I didn't have to restart modem. Never got a text neither.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,559 ✭✭✭Damien360

If you have customised your wireless AP name from the standard UPC12345 to your own, it will reset back to original AP name with "open" or broadcast status for wireless and uPnP will be disabled. It might catch a few people out.

I did notice my pings going a bit higher after the upgrade also. Not sure if the 20Mb is starting to push the limit for me. Currently 50ms, up from about 30ms. Most won't give a monkeys but I use my broadband for gaming online with PS3. Not sure if it has much of an effect as I am crap anyway !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Ran a speedtest earlier and was getting 11mb but getting 20mb now. Would assume that the network is under a bit of stress with the upgrade!

• Advertisement
Advertisement