Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Proposed through road at Rathbride Abbey

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Rathbride Ranger

KCC have somehow managed to brain wash the local area councillors.

Where has the fight gone lads? Did you sell it, if you sold it what was the price? did you get a good deal? was it for more than the life of a child?

I suppose you have it all worked out, have you decided to work together on wednesday, good tactic, kick the can on down the road to the full council meeting at the end of the month and organise for your colleagues in other areas to vote the proposal through, you can even vote against it then and come back to us and tell us you tried your best! Funny thing is we will tell you to look at this post and you will see we read the book before you!

Kildare county council have walked on you just as you are walking on us, but remember the first person that is driven over in Rathbride Abbey will spill their blood all over your hands councillor. You in time will regret your actions or lack of in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Irish Fire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Irish and Proud

I saw the notice at the entrance to the estate the other night, I am still in shock. I didn't think something like that would ever be proposed in a quiet estate. I previously left my last house because of a busy main road and chose a house in rathbride abbey for its off the beaten track safety, so my children could play on the green. I am not very educated in how these planning things work but was glad to see a leaflet come through the door this evening about an Action Group with a website set up www.rathbrideabbey.com, I did not know where to turn for support. I am all for progress in the town but this is a ridiculous idea

As a matter of interest, did you check the development plan before you bought your house? If you are not familiar with planning, surely your solicitor (I take it that you acquired the services of a solicitor when you bought your house) would have told you about any proposed road in the area at the time of buying your house. If the road was proposed thereafter, then that's a different story.

As a matter of interest, did you check the development plan before you bought your house? If you are not familiar with planning, surely your solicitor (I take it that you acquired the services of a solicitor when you bought your house) would have told you about any proposed road in the area at the time of buying your house. If the road was proposed thereafter, then that's a different story.

You are partly right in what you are saying there was always a plan to build a relief road but on the 1996 plans it was not through Rathbride Abbey (although Rathbride Abbey was not there at the time) it was further up the road, not only that the road was to continue through a field that K.C.C. allowed permission for a development on, do you expect those houses to be cpo'd? I think not.... Anyway are the residents of Rathbride. abbey not allowed to be concerned for the safety of their children? Would you like cars/trucks flying by your house at 50kph?? I think not, so to be honest you need to look at the full facts before you make your decision on the matter

Any truth guys that the RAG are calling a public meeting, councillors and residents and joe public? Everyone looking at the colour of everyone elses eyes! Jesus will they show up at all?

Now if thats happening I will be there because this is an issue that we can use to seperate the wheat from the chaf!

These boys and girls (councillors) are tacticians, okay thats kind liars maybe is a better more appropriate term.

They will normally tell you what you want to hear and then do the typical Paddy on it and stab you in the back, and you will be none the wiser, but in this case we will have the opportunity to distinguish friend from foe! And when we do that will be the focus for me anyway, inch by inch, row by row, take them out. I hate liars! An honest & confident man never has to tell a lie!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10 Wizard72

Here here Rathbride Ranger' on Liar's & Cheats - cant stand em'- hang em' high

but I think that after tomorrows scheduled Council meeting there may be a few Councilors missing from the future planned 'Public Planned AGM - from what I hear on the wind is the Local Councilors may turn 180 degrees on the local residents & provisionally approve of the Plan to allow the road through -

Now I could be wrong but lets be honest it couldn't happen anywhere but in Kildare County Council ???????????

HOLD THAT THOUGHT I COULD BE WRONG

Today..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Mum2007

Wizard72 wrote: »
    Here here Rathbride Ranger' on Liar's & Cheats - cant stand em'- hang em' high

but I think that after tomorrows scheduled Council meeting there may be a few Councilors missing from the future planned 'Public Planned AGM - from what I hear on the wind is the Local Councilors may turn 180 degrees on the local residents & provisionally approve of the Plan to allow the road through -

Now I could be wrong but lets be honest it couldn't happen anywhere but in Kildare County Council ???????????

HOLD THAT THOUGHT I COULD BE WRONG

Am I right in reading the updates from the local council meeting this morning that Councillor Paddy Kennedy is now all for the link road to go through Rathbride Abbey and is going back on his promise to work with the residents on the issue ???? This is the same Paddy Kennedy who called to my house canvassing right before the last election and assured me, at my front door while I held my young child in my arms, that there was no way he would allow this road to go ahead through Rathbride Abbey until the residents were happy and he himself had huge concerns for the safety of our children if the road went ahead... THAT WAS THE LAST I HAVE EVER HEARD FROM HIM!....... I cannot believe him, I am totally disgusted that he could stand on my door step and every other door step and tell such despicable lies.
    Councillor Paddy Kennedy should very seriously update his web page as it's an absolute farce!!!!

"Hello my name is Paddy Kennedy, A town and County Councillor from Newbridge.You may already know me and my track record in serving the people of the town and the wider Kildare community but, if not, please give me a few moments of your time.
    Hopefully I will get a chance to meet you face to face the March 11th election so that you will have an opportunity to put your opinions and any requests directly to me."
    "Have worked on issues ranging from the cost of doing business in Kildare South and the safety of children making their way to school, to the growing availability of drugs and the consequent increase in violent crime that is becoming a serious blight on many neighbourhoods in the constituency"
    Why Me?
    My track record is what I fall back on. I've spent my political career serving the community. One thousand voters in the Town and almost two thousand voters in the County Council placed their trust in me. I don't fail my supporters. No matter what the problem is, let it be big or small. If I am new to you just ask and I am confident that people will vouch for my work ethic.

Did he not proof read this web page??
    I wonder is he an Independed by choice? Or because he is so dishonest and disloyal to his constituents that no party wanted to be affiliated with him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 AIIEAL

I can't believe how our councillors have gone back on their word after all they promised. They have failed us so much. I am so disappointed.

I've lived in Rathbride Abbey for close to 10 years now, if this road does go ahead it will have a huge impact on my family's future. We moved to Rathbride as it seemed like a quiet estate to raise a family. We cannot afford to sell our house and move, so now we will be stuck in an estate where my children's lives will be put at risk each day.

If the through road is for the school ( which by-the-way I don't believe anymore) then there shouldn't be an issue with speed ramps - mini buses and cars going to the school would have no problem driving over speed ramps. Larger vehicles can use the existing road that have no ramps?? What's the problem with that??

Do we have two councillor kennedys, the one that is for the residents and the one that is for the council?

I like Mum2007 questioned Councillor Kennedy on my doorstep on the issue of the road in the run up to election 2011 and the answer was the same as Mum2007 got, serious safety concerns, road wont happen until the residents are satisfied!

Now come on Paddy, how many other residents have you told that line to and then in the presence of 2 of our reps today at the local area meeting you twisted the knife. Thats low Paddy.

Did you think you were a shoe in for the Dail, and that you would have moved on from local politics by the time this issue came in front of the local area, if you did, not very clever! Remember the people you duped this time are the people that you might need a vote from the next time, for the small local area stuff. Well you guessed it son, you have just lost the Rathbride Abbey vote forever and a day.

• Advertisement

It is beyond belief that a man stood on my doorstep and said that he was the chairman of his residents association for years (under most residents association constitution only 3 - 4 years is allowed by the way) and that he was a man for the residents and would not rest until the residents were completely happy and that even if it came to it he as chairman of the council committee had the deciding vote and “would vote in our favour”.

Instead what does he do……. kicks the can down the road and passes it to full council, why?? I’m sure it will become apparent in the next few months when he gets something voted in by other councillors or is this the return favour for the rejection of the Eyre Street, Newbridge proposal??? Maybe I’m right maybe I’m wrong…… We will never know…….. I’d love to hear other opinions on that.

I hate to admit it but this man got my vote and by Christ it will never happen again!!

AIIEAL wrote: »
    I can't believe how our councillors have gone back on their word after all they promised. They have failed us so much. I am so disappointed.

I've lived in Rathbride Abbey for close to 10 years now, if this road does go ahead it will have a huge impact on my family's future. We moved to Rathbride as it seemed like a quiet estate to raise a family. We cannot afford to sell our house and move, so now we will be stuck in an estate where my children's lives will be put at risk each day.

If the through road is for the school ( which by-the-way I don't believe anymore) then there shouldn't be an issue with speed ramps - mini buses and cars going to the school would have no problem driving over speed ramps. Larger vehicles can use the existing road that have no ramps?? What's the problem with that??

A turning circle with a set down area was also suggested and this was rejected and forcing the council to admit that the road was a ring road for the town and one way system.

This is a copy of the e mail to all residents, I'll post it here in case someone doesn't get it:

Hi all,

I will be on KFM Radio again in the morning, Thursday 16th June at
    about 0930 hrs, Paddy Kennedy is also on but I am not sure at this
    point if I will be on at the same time as him. Please Please Please
    text the show with an out pouring of disgust at today's developments
    and how displeased we are in Rathbride Abbey by being let down by the
    aforementioned Councillor.

Text the letters KFM to 51155 followed by your message.

Listening to the interview on Kfm this morning colours were well and truly shown......

At that public meeting will he have the bottle to sit there and tell us face to face that he never said what he said.

Its riciculous to think that an elected rep would lie to his electorate and the lie to the public on local radio by saying he never said what he did actually say.

He lied to us all and is getting away with it, why doesnt someone organise a protest at the KCC AGM next week?

They will all be at that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 AIIEAL

It would appear news travels very fast around Kildare/Newbridge area, especially when it's about dishonest politicians! Everyone is talking about Rathbride Abbey and Paddy Kennedy today. In the town at the school gate this morning and then even in Teco Newbridge after Paddy Kennedy and Sean Keogh were on KFM.

It seems that people from Newbridge that didn't even know about the through road are now talking about it. The revelations that Councillor Paddy Kennedy went back on his promise to us all (Rathbride Abbey residents) any lied about it on National radio this morning hasn't gone down well with anyone.

Rathbride Ranger - There may very well be a protest at the KCC AGM next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Kildare Resident

I feel sick to the teeth that we the residents of Rathbride Abbey were made promises of consultation and a safe environment for our children but to no avail. We don’t even have the option to sell up as most if not all are in negative equity. By the way folks when this ring road is open your home will devalue even more.

I have dealt with Beelzebub type people before and in their favour you know they will try to ride you for everything they can get but For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge me these people take the biscuit……. I have NEVER before seen such an underhanded way of dealing with the public!!!! One name seems to be constantly mentioned here but keep in mind there are several snakes in the barrel……

Looking through the posts Irish Fire and or Rathbride Ranger should consider going forward for election next time around and at least we will get some honesty in K.C.C.

The one thing that must be mentioned here is the likes of the 3 guys that called to my door a couple of times (not sure of their names, but I do think they should be mentioned publicly). And on here Rathbride Ranger and Irish Fire and the others (I’m not sure of the other names and apologies for not mentioning you) in the estate that have put what seems to have been a massive amount of time and effort and I’m sure personal expense deserve a huge thank you!!! A person I helped once sent me a card as a thank you and in it was a quote that has always stayed with me and I think it is very apt now.

Unselfish and noble actions are the most radiant pages in the biography of souls. ~David Thomas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 rathbridemum

I find it quite insulting that you even ask this question of someone, Of course I had a solicitor when buying my home, another corrupt Liar a bit like Kcc and our local councillors "Michael Lynn & Co" I am lucky to have only one mortgage on my house! I was never advised when buying my home of the possibility of a through road, I did however a few years on hear of the possibility of the road opening up for the developement of more houses of which I would not have a problem with, I do however have a serious problem with a Link Road relieving traffic congestion in the town coming right past my front door putting my very young childrens safety at serious risk! It makes me sick that we have nowhere to turn to stop this, and no option of getting out, and you "Irish and Proud" in my opinion have no concept of how to care for a child because if you did you would not have the gall to come on this forum making smart comments about someone who's sole interest is that of her childrens!

Irish Fire wrote: »
    You are partly right in what you are saying there was always a plan to build a relief road but on the 1996 plans it was not through Rathbride Abbey (although Rathbride Abbey was not there at the time) it was further up the road, not only that the road was to continue through a field that K.C.C. allowed permission for a development on, do you expect those houses to be cpo'd? I think not.... Anyway are the residents of Rathbride. abbey not allowed to be concerned for the safety of their children? Would you like cars/trucks flying by your house at 50kph?? I think not, so to be honest you need to look at the full facts before you make your decision on the matter

Ok, I should have done some research, so:

I've being looking at maps on osi.ie and kildare.ie and what seems clear to me is that when the estates of Dunmurry Rise and Rathbride Demesne were being built, there was a plan to construct a through road from the R401 to R415 by both estates - just look at the orientation of the main entrance roads to each estate - they are opposite facing stubs effectively - they don't build these for the fun of it. IMO, when people bought their houses in the vicinity, they should have known that there was likely to be a road there, or a least their solicitors (yes, you should always have a solicitor when purchasing a house - title deeds, planning issues etc) should have. This issue should have been checked by any potential residents then - especially when they had (or were likely to have) children in the area. Such people would also do quite well to remember that their new-found presence in an area might result in other residential areas suffering from the traffic they generate.

Please see: http://maps.osi.ie/publicviewer/#V1,673058,713708,7,3

Traffic is now a fact of life - we all just have to deal with it. After all, I would support an improved through road by my house and yet object if it took an alternative route behind. Our road (bigger and busier) already has a lot of one-off houses on it and to upgrade the other would result in a relatively unspoilt country road being destroyed. There's much more to consider than how such a road would affect me and my house.

Regards!

• Advertisement

I find it quite insulting that you even ask this question of someone, Of course I had a solicitor when buying my home, another corrupt Liar a bit like Kcc and our local councillors "Michael Lynn & Co" I am lucky to have only one mortgage on my house! I was never advised when buying my home of the possibility of a through road, I did however a few years on hear of the possibility of the road opening up for the developement of more houses of which I would not have a problem with, I do however have a serious problem with a Link Road relieving traffic congestion in the town coming right past my front door putting my very young childrens safety at serious risk! It makes me sick that we have nowhere to turn to stop this, and no option of getting out, and you "Irish and Proud" in my opinion have no concept of how to care for a child because if you did you would not have the gall to come on this forum making smart comments about someone who's sole interest is that of her childrens!

What traffic will this road relieve from Kildare town? - after all, it's only going to link the R401 from Rathangan to the R415 from Milltown - that IMO is not a bypass as traffic traveling between both would be doubling back in order to utilize the proposed road. The only traffic I could see it relieving is traffic generated by the new housing developments in the Rathbride area. Even if this road was eventually to form part of a ring road around Kildare town to the M7, surely most of the traffic on it would be generated by new residents like you.

@ irish and proud. You are missing the point completely and I find it insulting that you jump to the conclusion that the majority here are "blow ins" this could not be further from the truth, the vast majority of residents in this area are localsand not as you seem to think. If you put a little more detail into your investigations you would know the full story, I also notice from other threads you seem to stir it up a bit, so I'm politely asking you to refrain from such actions on this thread when you know nothing about the situation, in fact I would think the majority would agree if you have nothing positive to say say nothing at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Zerostandards

Irish and Proud hindsight is indeed a wonderful thing, in this case you have the benifit of looking at a current map, a picture of how things look today. When the first houses were built only the houses to the right were in the picture, quiet obviously everybody knew the distributor Road would be used for further development, and it was, It was used for the houses to the left, the second phase of Rathbride Abbey, it was used for the houses at the rear left, Rathbride Demesne, further devolopment, nobody envisaged and nobody was told that it would ever be a through road and certainly never told it would be a relief road for the town.

When Rathbride Abbey was built there was nothing on the site where Dunmurry Rise and Ashfield/Meadow court now stand. We have arrived at the picture you see today by the stealth of KCC and for you to state that it is obvious that this was always going to happen is purely with the benefit of hindsight.

Go to youtube and type in Rathbride Abbey and see what 50 kph looks like on this road and thats if you are naive enough to believe the boy racers will observe them. Pay particular attention to how fast the first right appears on the way out and how fast the green area to the left appears.

When you read in the papers about the tragic death of a child on the road in Rathbride Abbey then come back on here and be gracious enough to tell me and the rest of the campaigners on this issue that we were right.

You are welcome of course to come down and vist Rathbride to see the set up for yourself but please do it before the Road is built/open, I wouldnt want you to be the first casualty on the Rat Run! Haha.

Irish and Proud hindsight is indeed a wonderful thing, in this case you have the benifit of looking at a current map, a picture of how things look today. When the first houses were built only the houses to the right were in the picture, quiet obviously everybody knew the distributor Road would be used for further development, and it was, It was used for the houses to the left, the second phase of Rathbride Abbey, it was used for the houses at the rear left, Rathbride Demesne, further devolopment, nobody envisaged and nobody was told that it would ever be a through road and certainly never told it would be a relief road for the town.

When Rathbride Abbey was built there was nothing on the site where Dunmurry Rise and Ashfield/Meadow court now stand. We have arrived at the picture you see today by the stealth of KCC and for you to state that it is obvious that this was always going to happen is purely with the benefit of hindsight.

Go to youtube and type in Rathbride Abbey and see what 50 kph looks like on this road and thats if you are naive enough to believe the boy racers will observe them. Pay particular attention to how fast the first right appears on the way out and how fast the green area to the left appears.

When you read in the papers about the tragic death of a child on the road in Rathbride Abbey then come back on here and be gracious enough to tell me and the rest of the campaigners on this issue that we were right.

You are welcome of course to come down and vist Rathbride to see the set up for yourself but please do it before the Road is built/open, I wouldnt want you to be the first casualty on the Rat Run! Haha.

+ 1

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Kildare Resident

What traffic will this road relieve from Kildare town? - after all, it's only going to link the R401 from Rathangan to the R415 from Milltown - that IMO is not a bypass as traffic traveling between both would be doubling back in order to utilize the proposed road. The only traffic I could see it relieving is traffic generated by the new housing developments in the Rathbride area. Even if this road was eventually to form part of a ring road around Kildare town to the M7, surely most of the traffic on it would be generated by new residents like you.

I agree with Irish Fire you need to look deeper into this, although why would you?

The road is to be incorporated into the one way system that K.C.C. are putting in without the consultation of the residents!!!

I can't wait to see the other link road going in and see who kicks off then as I know exactly where it's going and I can assure you there will be blood on the streets when the proposal is launched!!!

I'm offended by the "blow in" attitude you have shown with some of my fellow residents, most of whom I've gone to school with as pointed out earlier the majority here are from Kildare town, so I would like others suggest you keep your unvalued sh1t stirring attitude to yourself......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 rathbridemum

Judging by your comments you must have a problem with the housing estates in Rathbride and also by assuming that I am a new resident, I may be new to rathbride but certainly not to the area, you are coming accross as a disgruntled resident who's nose was put out of joint along with the new developments in the town! KCC have labelled it a relief road for the town so if we were to go by your commets they have it all wrong, I hope for me and my family's sake you are right! As I have previously stated My sole concern is my childrens SAFETY something that people like you seem have no concept of as you are completely missing the point time and time again.

Judging by your comments you must have a problem with the housing estates in Rathbride and also by assuming that I am a new resident, I may be new to rathbride but certainly not to the area, you are coming accross as a disgruntled resident who's nose was put out of joint along with the new developments in the town! KCC have labelled it a relief road for the town so if we were to go by your commets they have it all wrong, I hope for me and my family's sake you are right! As I have previously stated My sole concern is my childrens SAFETY something that people like you seem have no concept of as you are completely missing the point time and time again.

HeShe doesn't live in the town in fact not even in the bloody county!!!!

AND a clerical officer in a county council so that says it all........

This is next on the agenda

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohfILDRHrMY

And no one can tell me I'm wrong........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

Irish Fire wrote: »
    This is next on the agenda

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohfILDRHrMY

And no one can tell me I'm wrong........

Your wrong...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement