Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Proposed through road at Rathbride Abbey

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I'd like to remind everyone to stay calm, and refresh their knowledge of both the forum charter, and boards.ie's general rules for conduct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Pax Vobiscum

[/B]

I find this quite offensive and threatining. I think you should have the good grace to bow out of the thread of this forum as you are clearly being abusive and ranting.

Rathbridemum, did you start this thread? I think not. It was started by councillor O'Donnell who wanted to know what people thought of a possible new road between Rathbride Abbey and Dunmurry estate. All I was doing on this thread was giving my opinion and being pushed around by people like you who did not want me on it. So who is abusive and ranting? Sorry for not letting other people walk all over me like you would like to. I did not start the fight, I just defended myself against rude and agressive comments with the same weapons.

Hope you have a good evening though P.V.

BuffyBot wrote: »
    I'd like to remind everyone to stay calm, and refresh their knowledge of both the forum charter, and boards.ie's general rules for conduct.

BuffyBot, I agree with you but you should have posted such comment much earlier on this thread. Thank you for your input though. Best regards, P.V.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Zerostandards

Which cllr sent out the deliberately misleading text message telling all the other cllrs that the residents were satisfied before the meeting! That was a low down dirty trick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 DUNMURRAYMUM

Dont know what hat ur talking about if u cant say anything nice say nothing thank god the rest of the people living in rathbride do not have ur attitude it would be a sad world if people who were born in kildare town can not have an opinion on what goes on have a HAPPY LIFE:):):):)

• Advertisement

It was sent to the Kildare Nationalist by mistake!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Mum2007

Rathbridemum, did you start this thread? I think not. It was started by councillor O'Donnell who wanted to know what people thought of a possible new road between Rathbride Abbey and Dunmurry estate. All I was doing on this thread was giving my opinion and being pushed around by people like you who did not want me on it. So who is abusive and ranting? Sorry for not letting other people walk all over me like you would like to. I did not start the fight, I just defended myself against rude and agressive comments with the same weapons.

Hope you have a good evening though P.V.

You are right, it was Cllr O'Donnell who started this thread. The same Cllr O'Donnell that stood up today at the full Area Council Meeting and proposed the road to go ahead and requested all the other councillors present to vote it in too. Even though Cllr Tony O'Donnell knows the plan is flawed, the road is unsafe and the residents are not happy he voted in favour of the road regardless. Cllr O'Donnell could have asked for the plan to be amended or abandoned but instead he just voted in favour of it. Again, another councillor that has lied to us after so many promises of working with the residents. So, I am a little confused as to what Cllr O'Donnells' motives were for starting this thread as it would appear all along he had every intention of voting this road through at the meeting today regardless of what the residents in the affected areas concerns were... Has he been sitting back every evening laughing at all out comments of concern and worry? A little sick don't you think??

Funny you should mention Cllr O Donnell!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Mum2007

Which cllr sent out the deliberately misleading text message telling all the other cllrs that the residents were satisfied before the meeting! That was a low down dirty trick!

Yes, very funny I should mention him.. And I know which cllr my money is on for sending out the text.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Kildare Resident

Hi All,

Is anyone going forward for the meetings with K.C.C.?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 rathbridemum

Mum2007 wrote: »
    Yes, very funny I should mention him.. And I know which cllr my money is on for sending out the text.

And I know which cllr my money is on for more than likely buying DUNMURRAYMUM.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Rathbride Ranger

Hi All,

Is anyone going forward for the meetings with K.C.C.?

What meetings?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 rathbride resident

And I know which cllr my money is on for more than likely buying DUNMURRAYMUM.....

With you on that Rathbridemum. Dummurraymum sold out very cheap! The life of a child for the exchange of the grass being cut and a few bloody new signs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Rathbride Ranger

Is there blood on those new signs already, we might need to find the cross!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

With you on that Rathbridemum. Dummurraymum sold out very cheap! The life of a child for the exchange of the grass being cut and a few bloody new signs.
    Is there blood on those new signs already, we might need to find the cross!

These posts are way out of line, You should think in future before posting!

Has everyone lost sight of the fact that this thread was started to discuss a road proposal, that decision has been made and the road is going ahead. We have all got to live with this new road and with each other into the future.

Why don't we all just add to this thread if we have something constructive to say, a poster here just asked if anyone is going to the meetings that KCC are organising for discussing the safety features that may or may not be added to the road, I saw this earlier on the Rathbride Action Group website, they seemed to be asking for volunteers to come forward.

Would this not be a constructive use of our time instead of hiding behind a made up name on boards?

Lets draw a line under it, all of us!

BuffyBot, I agree with you but you should have posted such comment much earlier on this thread. Thank you for your input though. Best regards, P.V.

When you see a problem with a post, report it. Mods don't, and can't, read each thread. It's up to the posters to flag things up that concern them.

EvilMonkey wrote: »
    These posts are way out of line, You should think in future before posting!

Totally agree with you EvilMonkey. Exactly the deplorable comments I condemned in a good few of my posts. P.V.

BuffyBot wrote: »
    When you see a problem with a post, report it. Mods don't, and can't, read each thread. It's up to the posters to flag things up that concern them.

Ok, I will if there is a next time...:)

Has everyone lost sight of the fact that this thread was started to discuss a road proposal, that decision has been made and the road is going ahead. We have all got to live with this new road and with each other into the future.

Why don't we all just add to this thread if we have something constructive to say, a poster here just asked if anyone is going to the meetings that KCC are organising for discussing the safety features that may or may not be added to the road, I saw this earlier on the Rathbride Action Group website, they seemed to be asking for volunteers to come forward.

Would this not be a constructive use of our time instead of hiding behind a made up name on boards?

Lets draw a line under it, all of us!

Thank you for that very wise comment. P.V. :)

• Advertisement

..and as people could not behave, I'm closing this thread for consideration. I'll decide tomorrow whether or not it merits re-opening, as it seems some folks just cannot control themselves.

As the decision on this has been made by the council, and considering the behaviour or *some* (not all) of the contributors, I've decided to leave this thread closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Kildare Resident

Hi All,

Just to say thank you to all in the Rathbride Action Group for all your work in highlighting the proposed road.

I have read other threads and they seem to have come under some fire lately and I don't want that to start here.

It is purely to say thank you.

Starting another thread on a topic that's been closed by a mod seems a good idea, how?

As you're relatively new, I'll put it down to genuine error and merge the two.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement