Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Janicus's Project 10 Pan.

Options
  • 14-01-2011 5:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭

In lieu of the bucket load of Make up packages I have gotten delivered in the last few weeks, I think It is about time I embark on project ten pan.

I'm sure many of you are aware of what this is but to recap, It is where you take 10 make up products (I'm going to use Make up, Fragrance and Nail Polish) in mine as I need to cap my buying in all of these areas.

You can't buy any of these type products until you use all of the products you have selected up.

It will be hard for me as the sales are still on but Sure I'll give it a go.

To make it easier on myself, When I see something I want whilst doing Project 10 Pan that I will keep the money aside that I would have spent on it and see how much I have at the end.

Will I be shocked by how much I have or Will I actually be able to say to everyone who knows me, " See I don't spend a fortune on Makeup!"

Anyone up for the challenge?:)

If you are post up a picture of what you are using up.

I'll be putting up a picture later! Let the project begin.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

so instead of impulse buying something within that range of products, yer gonna set the money aside and see how much you save.

i s'pose it really depends on how often you'd get something within that list becuase it caught your eye at the time.

as well as replinishing what ya use, how long you set yerself to go for this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Janicus

When I say set money aside, I mean for something I might need or a treat, Kind of the way that people set aside the money they would have spent on cigarette when they have quit.

It is also a way of using up things you got but never used, or set aside or forgot about maybe.

Especially after Christmas when you get gift sets etc.

I have buy so much lately online that I have quite a bit at eh moment and I need to as they say "shop my own stash" and not get anything else until it is all used up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Not really a problem for me. All I have is foundation and mascara. Oh I am running out of the foundation actually, must get some more...

I remember when i was like that. I only owned eyeliner!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I did that with lotions & creams last year - I had enough to get me through the whole year, it was madness.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Xiney wrote: »
    I did that with lotions & creams last year - I had enough to get me through the whole year, it was madness.

My mam has introduced a lotions embargo on the house :pac: I have so many conditioners as well, it's ridiculous - frizzy hair, volume, intensive treatments, colour - so I'm not allowed to bring anymore into the bathroom!

I think it's a good idea for cosmetic addicts, and you can change it for your needs, for example me not buying anymore conditioners!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Janicus wrote: »
    I remember when i was like that. I only owned eyeliner!

I actually lost my eye liner along the way there, it was the best one ever. the only reason I don't have more stuff is cause I don't know what to do with it. hmm can you get make up lessons?

As far as I know you can get lessons.

So I have embarked on the project! The products I have to use up before I can buy more are as follows.

Eyeshadows:
    MAC Retrospeck
    MAC Showstopper
    MAC Beautymarked
    ELF Ivory

Eyeshadow Sticks:
    17 Metallic stick in Silver
    17 Metallic stick in Purple

Lip Lipliner/Lipstick
    Essence Lip Pencil in Pink Brown
    Rimmel Lipstick in Asia

Rimmel Black Mascara

Barry M Nail Polish in Mushroom, (Although this will take a while as I can't see myself wearing the same nail polish for weeks on end)

Might take me a while but it is a good way of discovering makeup you like but didn't use, Like the 17 pencil in silver it is lovely on and so easy for those of us who get up for work when the should already be on the way there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

This sounds like a great idea, I may take it on myself! My mum sent up a makeup bag for me the other day as my old one was stained and a bit manky-looking (according to her!), and she had put loads of little samples of moisturisers and other lotions she doesn't use. So collecting cosmetics seems to run in the family!

I could also do this with clothes; the sales made me go a bit mad this year! So perhaps I should just make lots of new outfits with everything I own and not buy anymore clothes until I run out of permutations. It's a nice idea, but I wonder if I'll be able to resist buying more stuff....?

Im going to find it very hard myself. I love finding deals online for make up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Shmatter

I'm a bit confused, is it ten types of things or ten specfic products?? I bulk buy when there's 3for2, and have about 6 foundations to get through so it'll be too easy if it's just products!

It's 10 of whichever you like it could be 4 foundations and 4 shadows etc. Or 10 of all one thing it is completely up to the individual. It's just a way of slowing the spend with like a goal attached, If you say I'm not going to buy anymore there is nothing really stopping you.

I like this way because you know when you are close Also you could discover that you really like one of the products and re purchase it. Rather than half a million of one thing. I have a load of mascaras that I know are awful yet I still keep them in case! (In case of a massive mascara shortage! unlikely!) I don't know why I just do!

But I have so much stuff that I need to stop for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

I should really do this, but it just takes me so long to finish anything! It took me over a year to get through my bottle of Revlon Colourstay (now I did use other foundations the odd time too but still this was my main one!). My undereye concealer is also still going strong over a year on. I have things in my collection I'd really like to get rid of though, but think they're too good to throw away.

I'm struggling myself, Only 4 days in, Relatively the same make up look these days. The lip stick is fine because it is quite moisturizing and I like the colour. My eyes are quite neutral which is unlike me. The urge to smudge in some MAC Carbon or Stila Makula is quite high. But we trudge on. I've gotten about 10 emails in relation to make up sales, and I received samples of Mark. Cosmetics that I ordered before Christmas and I have still resisted. Yay for me. What will I be like in another week?

Anyone else giving this a go?:D

Advertisement