Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Muay Thai gym in galway?

• 14-01-2011 5:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi everyone,

Interested in joining a Muay Thai gym in Galway. Looking to train everyday if possible..

From what I have heard there is 3 gyms Mervue Muay Thai, Dave Joyces gym and a gym in westside.

Most people are telling me Dave Joyce is the one to choose. Anybody have any input? Would be great if anybody knows the prices for each place and how many days they train.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

From Galway to Mai Tai forum :D

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭DTB

Don naughton has a good gym http://www.muaythaigalway.com/

also dan ocallaghan http://www.forcefitness.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 29 gary s

I trained with don naughton for a couple of months at castlegar muay thai he's a very good trainer I'm going back their next week myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

I would have reccomended Pat McEvoy out in westside from what Iv seen of their fighters but DTB really knows his stuff so Id go with his suggestion if I were you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭Dave Joyce

Hi Mike, I would suggest you try a class in each of the gyms and make up your own mind which gym suits you best.

We have a beginners class on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6.30-8pm and an open class on Saturdays from 1-3pm. You can either pay per class (€7) or you can pay per month (€50).

Good luck whichever gym you choose and enjoy the training.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

I wouldn't have thought galway city could cater for a couple of different thai clubs, great to hear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 59 ✭✭Rob Carry

out of the three, I've only trained in Don's, but I found it really, really good. the club has a fantastic fighting record - I'm not 100 per cent on this but I think they've had about 14 fights with only one loss!

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Rhamiel

One in westside looks decent, good gym/ring and well organised.
    Only observed the muay thai classes while doing a bit of boxing training there but the seem to know what they're doing ;)

Advertisement