Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broadband..new line

Options
  • 14-01-2011 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭

have decided to go for eircom broadband 3mb download. however i have to get a new line installed and they are unable to give me a quarantee if it will support broadband. if it doesnt i have to keep the line just for calls for 1 yr.

my neighbours are able to get eircom broadband does this mean i have a decent chance of been able aswell. the sales rep said it means nothing but surely it gives me a decnt chance.

Comments

To get any broadband on your premises you do not need to have the phone line activated. You can run it through the existing copper that comes into your premises .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

koppy wrote: »
    have decided to go for eircom broadband 3mb download. however i have to get a new line installed and they are unable to give me a quarantee if it will support broadband. if it doesnt i have to keep the line just for calls for 1 yr.

my neighbours are able to get eircom broadband does this mean i have a decent chance of been able aswell. the sales rep said it means nothing but surely it gives me a decnt chance.

Hi Koppy,

There is no way to give a definitive answer in terms of guaranteeing broadband but if you PM your address I can look into the possibility in more detail for you.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭koppy

pm sent mark thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

pm sent mark thanks.

Hi Koppy,

I sent a reply via PM, I am sorry it was not of more help. However if you do have any issues in the future, please let me know.

Thanks, Mark

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

neighbours on either side of me can get landline broadband, but I will not be able to, or will never be able to unless they upgrade a line to my house which is 3miles to the exchange (and was told there was no way in hell they would do that).

the line I am on has a carrier which splits the line so more houses can get phone lines, but these cant carry broadband. I learned the hard way!

I would suggest, if it was possible, to get an eircom engineer to look at the line going to your neighbours, as they will be the only ones who can tell you if you can get it or not. all my records showed it was possible to get broadband, but when it was actually inspected on site, there was no hope of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭koppy

thanks for advice..dont think i will chance it. dont want to be stuck with a phone line i wont use for a year. was only getting it for the broadband.

might try bruschi idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭BArra

bruschi wrote: »
    neighbours on either side of me can get landline broadband, but I will not be able to, or will never be able to unless they upgrade a line to my house which is 3miles to the exchange (and was told there was no way in hell they would do that).

the line I am on has a carrier which splits the line so more houses can get phone lines, but these cant carry broadband. I learned the hard way!

I would suggest, if it was possible, to get an eircom engineer to look at the line going to your neighbours, as they will be the only ones who can tell you if you can get it or not. all my records showed it was possible to get broadband, but when it was actually inspected on site, there was no hope of it.

get ISDN installed, this will sort you out with a working line and get you off the carrier

cancel the ISDN, and then order your broadband

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭eircom: Eleanor

thanks for advice..dont think i will chance it. dont want to be stuck with a phone line i wont use for a year. was only getting it for the broadband.

might try bruschi idea.

Hello,can you PM the Moderators your details please and we can look into this for you

Eleanor

Advertisement