Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

N64 tuning problems

• 14-01-2011 5:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭

Im trying to set up an N64 today but cant seem to tune it in, I have the megadrive and SNES tuned in no problem so i was expecting the N64 to be just as simple.

I never had one before so is there any weird trick to tuning it in. Ive tired using the SNES cables as i know they work but still no joy at all, i cant even get a fussy picture.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,890 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

First of all, using RF cables is just wrong. Use AV cables. Your snes and Gamecube AV cables will work. However Scart RGB cables will not. Secondly if your cartridges or console connectors are dirty the game might not boot up, I know my N64 takes a few tries with some games to boot up to anything other than a black screen. My advice is to try this with some AV composite cables and throw away those RF cables.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    First of all, using RF cables is just wrong. Use AV cables. Your snes and Gamecube AV cables will work. However Scart RGB cables will not. Secondly if your cartridges or console connectors are dirty the game might not boot up, I know my N64 takes a few tries with some games to boot up to anything other than a black screen. My advice is to try this with some AV composite cables and throw away those RF cables.

Nice one, Seems it was just the game that must have been giving a black screen, I turned it on just now and it worked straight away !!

Only have the RF cables at the moment thats all that came in the box, ill need to get some AV ones alright, as its not pretty on a 42" plasma. I just wanted to make sure its all working as i only got it today.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,890 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Trust me, it's not pretty with AV cables either but it is an improvement.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Trust me, it's not pretty with AV cables either but it is an improvement.

Though with a PAL N64 your hands are tied, no RGB. :(

Advertisement