Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancel Eircom Account retain email

Options
  • 14-01-2011 6:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hello,

I have a client who pays around €19 per month for an Eircom Net Account. I think this maybe a business subscription to the Eircom.net email services. Basically the client wants to cancel the account but they want to retain the Email addresses. My question is does anyone know if you have an Eircom.net email address is it necessary to have a phone or other such account with Eircom?

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

Can only speak of my personal experience. Cancelled Eircom about 2 years ago and switched to Imagine. My Eircom email address worked fine. Don't know if it was good luck or not. I could even log into their webmail application when I was away overseas on holiday. Had my email going through MS outlook. To send outgoing emails I would obviously need to use the imagine smtp settings but to receive it would still pull down from the eircom mail server okay.

Recently we have moved into a new build house and shifted back to Eircom as it was a new connection and the prices/adsl speeds were there or thereabouts when compared to Imagine. Unfortunately no UPC either. But thats an aside.

Advertisement