Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How will NGB effect my Webcam

Options
  • 14-01-2011 6:32pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 124 ✭✭

Hello,

We have a webcam running on www.tramoresurfshop.com which has about 150 visitors a day who mostly look at the webcam www.tramoresurfshop.com/webcam/.

We have never been charged for going over our download limit and infact I have never checked our download usuage which could be anywhere between 5 and 50 gigabytes for all I know. I do not know what the login information would be.

We barely use this internet connection for any browsing. Maybe the occasional email but that is about it.

The phone number associated with this account is 051-391011 (i know its not normal to post phone numbers on boards.ie but this is a well advertised business phone number so its okay).

We have just been upgraded to a new NGB package which if possible i would like not to be upgraded to. My worry is that now we have been upgraded with out our consent or being informed that we will now be charged extra for our webcam.

Can you please explain why we have been upgraded and if we will get charged extra now!

I do see it says you get charged €1.65 per gigabyte you go over by however i dont believe this was enforced previously on eircom broadband.

Nick

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hello,

We have a webcam running on www.tramoresurfshop.com which has about 150 visitors a day who mostly look at the webcam www.tramoresurfshop.com/webcam/.

We have never been charged for going over our download limit and infact I have never checked our download usuage which could be anywhere between 5 and 50 gigabytes for all I know. I do not know what the login information would be.

We barely use this internet connection for any browsing. Maybe the occasional email but that is about it.

The phone number associated with this account is 051-391011 (i know its not normal to post phone numbers on boards.ie but this is a well advertised business phone number so its okay).

We have just been upgraded to a new NGB package which if possible i would like not to be upgraded to. My worry is that now we have been upgraded with out our consent or being informed that we will now be charged extra for our webcam.

Can you please explain why we have been upgraded and if we will get charged extra now!

I do see it says you get charged €1.65 per gigabyte you go over by however i dont believe this was enforced previously on eircom broadband.

Nick

Hi Nick,

I am checking this out for I will get back with an update later today.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement