Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is there a Really Big Difference Between a 1.4/5 & a 1.6L Car(Tax,Petrol, etc)

• 14-01-2011 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭

I just want to Find out off People is There really a Big Difference between a 1.4/5ltr & a 1.6ltr car in Costs. i mean like Tax, Petrol/diesel & insurance.. I drive a 1.5ltr & just wanted to know cause i am think of upgrading to a "Nice" 1.6 Car.
    I just want to find out what is costs People who drive 1.6's
    I am more than the Average miles per Yr

tnx

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

What 1.6 car are you upgrading to?

Unless it's a big heavy car with a tiny 1.6 engine i'd say the difference will be unnoticeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭MarkoC

1.3 mazda is way faster than 2.6l audi, both standard cars :D

Its not the way to compare the cars ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

As above, need to know what cars are in question to say...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

something i always wanted like a Bmw, Audi or Honda Accord. something like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

something i always wanted like a Bmw, Audi or Honda Accord. something like that.
    Don't bother/not possible for these

• Advertisement

Originally Posted by JamesBond2010 viewpost.gif
    langdang wrote: »
    Don't bother/not possible for these

**** that Dear to run !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

Originally Posted by JamesBond2010 viewpost.gif

**** that Dear to run !!!
    No, he means that a 1.6 petrol in a BMW or Audi is a waste of time it's so slow, and doesn't exist in a Honda Accord.
    If you're talking about cars of similar size, then the difference is tiny. Like a 1.4 Focus versus a 1.6 Focus, the difference is small. A 1.6 A4 versus a 1.8 A4, you're probably better off with the 1.8, as the 1.6 struggles a bit and hence is thirstier than an engine under less stress.

o right tnx. very much. i just got a bit mixed up there.

Advertisement