Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roofer costs

Options
  • 14-01-2011 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

I just got a quote from a roofer we are thinking of going with. The house is 2000 square foot. He has quoted me a price of €5800 cash for the labout for the roof. Is this a good price. Plus it is the first price he has gave me should i try and haggle a bit.

Secondly we have decided to build a garage as well it is about 40 square meters what would this cost does anyone know to roof roughly. Think it is around 9m by 4.6m

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

Katz83 wrote: »
    I just got a quote from a roofer we are thinking of going with. The house is 2000 square foot. He has quoted me a price of €5800 cash for the labout for the roof. Is this a good price. Plus it is the first price he has gave me should i try and haggle a bit.

Secondly we have decided to build a garage as well it is about 40 square meters what would this cost does anyone know to roof roughly. Think it is around 9m by 4.6m

Thanks in advance.

its hard to tell without knowing the level of detail. are there hips, valleys, dormers, gable ladders etc? is that just the carcass or slating felt and battens included? off hand, it may not be too bad, but like everything, you should always aim to get at least 3 quotes for comparison.

with regard to the garage or haggling, I'd be inclined to see if they'll do the garage in the same price.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

...remember : there is a tipping point in price. Below that you really will get what you pay for.........who's overseeing what he's doing ?

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭moan 77

I've just got my roof finished on my 250 m2 house (2500sqft) for 5,500 johnny cash.

Advertisement