Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rift

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Is there any chance we could roll on the Whitefall server then? Seems to be the designated "English" server judging by the Rift Forums.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'd be with Dcully on this. Cloudbourne was a nightmare in AoC, and i'd rather a (mostly) English speaking realm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Lorenzomedici

I was quite concerned also, I've experience with AoC too, namely RUScorp and Futilez.

Whitefall could be a good choice. Nothing written in stone just yet.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I was quite concerned also, I've experience with AoC too, namely RUScorp and Futilez.

Whitefall could be a good choice. Nothing written in stone just yet.

Good stuff, i cant decide on pvp or pve myself,or indeed Guardians or Defiant.
    I played Guardians in the beta`s purely because i intended to play Defiant on release and wanted to experience the zones etc.
    I never really bother with the lore of MMOs at all, so whos the good guys?
    Im guessing Guardians ? arent the chosen by the Gods or something?

PS : The online manual is available here now lads http://www.riftgame.com/en/docs/RIFT_Manual_EN.pdf

Dcully wrote: »
    Good stuff, i cant decide on pvp or pve myself,or indeed Guardians or Defiant.
    I played Guardians in the beta`s purely because i intended to play Defiant on release and wanted to experience the zones etc.
    I never really bother with the lore of MMOs at all, so whos the good guys?
    Im guessing Guardians ? arent the chosen by the Gods or something?

PS : The online manual is available here now lads http://www.riftgame.com/en/docs/RIFT_Manual_EN.pdf

They are both good just different ideologies.

One are basically your bog standard crusaders. The others are some Terminator Style faction with time traveling sh*t and biological engineering humans!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭PaddyTheNth

I'm going Defiant just because the voiceovers are less annoying imo. Doubt my playing times will be regular enough to make it worthwhile joining a guild - I'll probably just PVE it up on Icewatch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I missed the beta on this and don't want to dive head first into another MMO (Ex-WoW head myself, stopped at 85 due to sheer bordem). Will there be a 10day trial at launch or near enough to launch?

I'm hopefully inline for a new job so with an influx of money comes a new PC and RIFT, although I want to give it a try first.

MagicIRL wrote: »
    I missed the beta on this and don't want to dive head first into another MMO (Ex-WoW head myself, stopped at 85 due to sheer bordem). Will there be a 10day trial at launch or near enough to launch?

I'm hopefully inline for a new job so with an influx of money comes a new PC and RIFT, although I want to give it a try first.
    I haven't come across any reference to a trial period. Purchasing the game gives 30 days use before a sub is required.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭GHOST MGG2

The russians already had a few big guilds on cloudborne in the beta stages.
    If we arent rolling on cloudborne i hope Ivan decides fast as to where we will be homed only 26 hours to go:-p
    PS..i hate the defiant levelling curve from 1-20
    as the guardians levelling curve is much easier 1-20 after levelling 2 toons to lvl 23-25 on both defiant and guardian side

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

If you find the European servers to your disliking you could always roll on the American ones. Not sure if it's possible but the rumor going around is you can roll on both American and European servers. Ofc for ping purposes you'd want the European, reduced latency.

It even gives you the option for North America or European when you start so this could be the case.

• Advertisement

If we arent rolling on cloudborne i hope Ivan decides fast as to where we will be homed only 26 hours to go:-p

Im going to roll on Whitefall EN PVP for a start anyways as its the only other English language pvp server.
    If others have decided on Cloudbourne we can still make a guild on Whitefall,dont mind what faction,forming a guild of decent people is more important :)
    Would be great if we all agreed on a server, for me cloudbourne is 100% a non runner anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

I'll be getting the game myself and rolling on a US server rather than an EU one. Just can't be arsed putting up with people from Europe again, don't care if it's not "PC" at all but in Wow I'm sick of reading their retarded Yoda like Engrish for the ones that do actually try speak it on realms that are designated English speaking.
    If I can't roll on a US server I won't buy the game.

There is actually 3 English pvp servers; Blightweald, Cloudborne and Whitefall.

Ivan will do as hes told :P So lets confirm Whitefall now, Guardian side.

25hours!

There is actually 3 English pvp servers; Blightweald, Cloudborne and Whitefall.

Ivan will do as hes told :P So lets confirm Whitefall now, Guardian side.

25hours!

Blightweald is not pvp its pve, full list here http://forums.riftgame.com/showthread.php?79032-Official-Rift-Server-List!

Can't confirm as when I went to try in the Beta the US servers were down, but it seems to be possible to change your server list from EU to US by changing your preferences before logging in.

Oh sorry, I was reading it from Alpha forums and Blightweald was listed as pvp. Maybe they changed it since. Whitefall is it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

I originally suggested Whitefall for the simple reason that most players will have the server list arranged alphabetically and will click on Cloudborne over Whitefall. It's simple logic but if you combine it with the rumoured Russian invasion (which I can pretty much confirm as we saw quite a few of Rus Corp on Cloudborne in beta), then I would choose Whitefall.

You can play both clients. In the launcher you can switch which region you wish to play on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

WHITEFAIL!

Game purchased so, currently downloading 8.32GB @ 3.50MB/s :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Nemesis

RIFT US Servers:

•Belmont PvE
    •Briarcliff PvP
    •Byriel PvE
    •Deepstrike PvP
    •Faeblight RP
    •Gnarlwood PvE
    •Greybriar PvE
    •Keenblade PvE
    •Lotham PvP
    •Reclaimer PvP
    •Seastone PvP
    •Shadefallen RP
    •Shatterbone PvE
    •Snarebrush PvP
    •Spitescar PvP
    •Sunrest PVP-RP
    •Wolfsbane PvE
    RIFT European Servers:

•Akala DE RP
    •Brutwacht DE PvE
    •Trübkopf DE PvP
    •Argent EN RP
    •Blightweald EN PvE
    •Cloudborne EN PvP
    •Firesand EN PVP-RP
    •Icewatch EN PvE
    •Steampike EN PvE
    •Whitefall EN PvP
    •Brisesol FR PvE
    •Rubicon FR PvP

Firesand its pvp English and European.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Nehaxak wrote: »
    I'll be getting the game myself and rolling on a US server rather than an EU one. Just can't be arsed putting up with people from Europe again, don't care if it's not "PC" at all but in Wow I'm sick of reading their retarded Yoda like Engrish for the ones that do actually try speak it on realms that are designated English speaking.
    If I can't roll on a US server I won't buy the game.
    I would pick the average English level of an eight year old over the average intelligence of an eight year old, any day.

Stereotypes are fun.

Ivan wrote: »
    I would pick the average English level of an eight year old over the average intelligence of an eight year old, any day.

Stereotypes are fun.

Come off it, you know I'm right, it's just not PC to say it. If it's not Danish or Swedish being waffled in trade or BG chat in Wow, it's Russian "?? ???!?? ?????" stuff and the depth of English language that is spoken is along the lines of "KILL BALINDO" or "u all loosers no fight we looser" followed by "shut up chocolate biscuit chicken curry" :rolleyes:

It's no stereotype, it's the truth and it hurts my head having to make sense of what they're trying to say. At least in America they generally all speak English as their first language and it does make a difference in a game where you can actually hold a conversation without having to revert to some Yoda translation manual.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I haven't come across any reference to a trial period. Purchasing the game gives 30 days use before a sub is required.
    Yeah figured as much. Can I find any game requirments online? I broke my 8800 GTX 'XXX' and I'm now on an 8400 GS until I can find the money (i..e a job) to fix the PC up.

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Yeah figured as much. Can I find any game requirments online? I broke my 8800 GTX 'XXX' and I'm now on an 8400 GS until I can find the money (i..e a job) to fix the PC up.

Minimum System Specifications
    Operating system: Windows XP, Vista, or 7
    Processor: Dual Core 2.0 GHz or better
    Memory: 2 GB
    Hard disk space: 15.0 GB available
    Video: Nvidia GeForce FX 5900, ATI/AMD Radeon X300, Intel GMA X4500, or better
    Sound: DirectX 8.1 compliant card
    DirectX®: 9.0c, June 2010 update
    Broadband internet connection (DSL, cable modem, or other high speed connection)

Recommended System Specifications
    Operating system: Windows XP, Vista, or 7
    Processor: Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHz or better
    Memory: 4 GB
    Hard disk space: 15.0 GB available
    Desktop Video: Nvidia GTS 250 or better
    Notebook Video: Nvidia GTX 200M series or better
    Sound: DirectX 8.1 compliant card
    DirectX®: 9.0c, June 2010 update
    Broadband internet connection (DSL, cable modem, or other high speed connection)

Once you don't have ATI your fine really. Really hope they can sort the ATI crap performance soon enough.

Nemesis wrote: »
    Firesand its pvp English and European.

Roleplay, no thanks. Playing an online game as a Dwarf in a world of magic is enough RP for me.

http://forums.riftgame.com/forumdisplay.php?94-Whitefall-PvP-English-EU

The new server specific forums, Whitefall is certainly the unofficial ENGLISH pvp server :D

http://forums.riftgame.com/forumdisplay.php?94-Whitefall-PvP-English-EU

The new server specific forums, Whitefall is certainly the unofficial ENGLISH pvp server :D

Sweet! Roll on tomorrow. Guys planning on using TS/Vent/Mumble or just mass group invites in game?

Stev_o wrote: »
    Sweet! Roll on tomorrow. Guys planning on using TS/Vent/Mumble or just mass group invites in game?

We got a vent server, guild cant be created until we get at least 5 of us to the capital city and gather 1 plat so zerg those first 10-15 levels.

• Advertisement

We got a vent server, guild cant be created until we get at least 5 of us to the capital city and gather 1 plat so zerg those first 10-15 levels.

Would you mind PM'ing me the IP and ill set it up tomorrow.

Just listening to GameBreaker and they are saying that DroughtLand contains a Faction Neutral Town. Pretty damn sweet if you ask me can see it being a decent hub for cross faction conversations and just having a laugh.

Advertisement