Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rift

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

http://forums.riftgame.com/forumdisplay.php?94-Whitefall-PvP-English-EU

The new server specific forums, Whitefall is certainly the unofficial ENGLISH pvp server :D

Interesting, lot of big guilds from WAR's Karak Norn server. Expect to see a few more make their way over if that's the case.

Apparently GAME have confirmed to their UK customers that those who preordered the boxed game will not be receiving headstart codes, so I expect it to be the same over here. =/

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭PaddyTheNth

Interesting, lot of big guilds from WAR's Karak Norn server. Expect to see a few more make their way over if that's the case.

Apparently GAME have confirmed to their UK customers that those who preordered the boxed game will not be receiving headstart codes, so I expect it to be the same over here. =/
    That sucks, but it's worth getting in touch with Trion directly - there are quite a few reports on the official forums :pac: of people who were in a similar situation and for whom Trion issued codes directly based on proof of purchase.

That sucks, but it's worth getting in touch with Trion directly - there are quite a few reports on the official forums :pac: of people who were in a similar situation and for whom Trion issued codes directly based on proof of purchase.

Aye the problem is the proof of purchase part, all I was able to do in GAME in Limerick was preorder it on my card, didn't actually part with any money. Wonder if I called GAME up would I be able to pay for it over the phone.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Hey lads, am probably going to pick this up. Heard some great things on various forums. Whats your opinion on the betas (if you've played them of course)? :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Hey Cherry i played the last 2 betas and loved it.
    I thought it was warhammer and Aion allover again until i got past lvl 10 -15 or so then started rifting and chasing down invasions and really appreciated what the game is about.

Theres so much to do, quests,world pvp,warfronts pvp,rifts,rift raids,invasions [some being huge invasions taking over a whole zone],dungeons,raids etc.
    Im hoping we see more variety to the rifts at later levels, i only managed lvl 22 on one char and mid teens on a few alts but overall i enjoyed it a lot.
    Easily the smoothest and most polished beta ive ever played of an MMO,servers seemed great too with pings of 30-40 constant and no lag at all even in huge rift battles.

• Advertisement

Slight update with GAME, managed to get them to email me a picture of a printed copy of my receipt and going to try to get through to Trion and see what the story is.

[Edit] OK, the long and short of it seems to be that only online preorders from GAME get the headstart codes, which was not said to the actual staff in stores. Really annoyed at this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

My one worry is how this will run on my PC with its current state. I pass all the top requirements, bar the gfx card - running an 8400 GS since the 8800 died. Not sure how the gfx will look with that card installed, which realistically would take from the splendour of the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Lorenzomedici

I'm on an 8800 and pass all requirements expcept gfx card also, game runs fine on high settings(ultra is max) so I think you'll be fine.

I'm on an 8800 and pass all requirements expcept gfx card also, game runs fine on high settings(ultra is max) so I think you'll be fine.
    Yes but 8400 is a significant drop from 8800.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Some minor grumblings from our guild on trying this out.

Been following it through developement, but might just wait out till the game gets going and drops in price.

Cause it looks like a slightly more detailed graphical wow.

Reliable reports claim its simply a wow clone, and you know how it is , moving from endgame raiding to a fresh game, is just annoying

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Loving the game so far, really polished, fantastic graphics for an MMO.
    No noticeable lag or anything playing on US servers, other than long queue times for most but they just opened up 2 new servers on US side to counter.

Rolled a Rogue, Assasin/bladesomething and Nightsomething - level 7 before server went down just down for performance tweaking.
    Probably made a balls of choosing the type of rogue setup but enjoying nonetheless.

Unless something goes seriously belly up with Rift in the meantime it's bye bye world of warcraft....

TheDoc wrote: »
    Some minor grumblings from our guild on trying this out.

Been following it through developement, but might just wait out till the game gets going and drops in price.

Cause it looks like a slightly more detailed graphical wow.

Reliable reports claim its simply a wow clone, and you know how it is , moving from endgame raiding to a fresh game, is just annoying
    I agree with Doc. Its very annoying to go from say raiding WOTLK, into Cataclysm and then into RIFT. I'm enjoying my break. I eagerly await propper reviews (not your avergae IGN "9/10 THIS GAME RAWKS BUY IT NOA" that peppers the internet) that tell me the actual pro's and con's of this game.

WoW has everything an MMo should have, a simple clone wont survive against it- If RIFT can bring its on flavour, while offering what wow has, it might have a chance. Looking at it now, it seems to be original in its class mashup and such, only time will tell though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

So if i were to pick this up in a shop today, i won't get the early access, right? Won't be able to buy it online till probably monday (stupid credit card), so it looks like i'll miss out on early access.

Kiith wrote: »
    So if i were to pick this up in a shop today, i won't get the early access, right? Won't be able to buy it online till probably monday (stupid credit card), so it looks like i'll miss out on early access.
    Looks like it bud.
    http://eu.riftgame.com/en/headstart/index.php

Shame really.

Edit: Plus after reading the forums, people seem to be getting stupidly long queue times on servers. One fella' mentioned ~11 hour wait time.

Over 1 million live accounts,smooth server performance.
    Cracking launch from what i can see.
    I wouldnt say its a wow clone,if you mean its a MMORPG then yeah but apart from that i doesnt feel anything like wow to me while playing.

Good to know, I'm sorely tempted to splash out on a nVidia 560 and then buy the game, justs o I can roll around in the ultra setting glory.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭PaddyTheNth

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Looks like it bud.
    http://eu.riftgame.com/en/headstart/index.php

Shame really.

Edit: Plus after reading the forums, people seem to be getting stupidly long queue times on servers. One fella' mentioned ~11 hour wait time.
    The official forums are a cesspit, but I have seen reliable reports elsewhere of 3-4 hour wait times. It seems as though the US servers have significantly longer queues than the EU ones.

I got in at 6pm sharp yesterday and got a few hours done. Mostly it went pretty smoothly, ran into the odd bit of lag in battles, but nothing particularly excessive. Any frustration I had was coming from trying to compete for the quest goals with so fecking many people, there were loads of spots where you'd have 10-20 players spawn camping mobs :(

Plenty of rifts to do which was fun, though playing a healer mage I'm finding that I get bugger all xp from those at the low levels compared to the 15+ bracket.

Still, got to L10 in about 3.5 hours, looking forward to a good session tonight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Had great fun playing this with the lads last night. Just make sure whatever you do to roll Elf go mining and steal Lorezeno's iron with your racial ability :p

Dominating Warfronts was pretty sick each time we went in we held the best stats in nearly every category.

My only complaint is performance during large rifts and invasions.
    Ultra settings @ 1920X1080 getting about 50-60 fps while questing away as soon as i get to large rifts and invasions my fps drops to 15-25 fps at times, its a joke, no way it should drop so much.
    Even dropping to lowest settings and lowest res during large rifts etc still gives about 15-25 fps.
    Its obviously an issue when lots of NPCs are rendered.

My rig is Q6600,4 gig DDR2,ati 6570 2 gig.
    Latest drivers and the rift profile for my card.

Definitely not my gfx card, maybe the ram and cpu are showing their age, first game ive had fps issues with.
    Just seems strange regardless of gfx settings framerate is the same during large rifts etc.

Good to know. I myself am using the same setup. Q6600 at 2.2 Ghz, 4GB RAM (2GB Corsair Dominator) and a soon-to-be nVidia 450/460 depending on cash. Then I'll be buying RIFT.

I was hope that trion will address this FPS issue with the large rifts, because that sounds like a massive pain.

Also, Do you have any screenshots of this game running on Ultra? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Damn you all to hell, I want to get this.
    But I'm damned if I'm paying nearly 20 euro extra to get it on steam.

Damn you all to hell, I want to get this.
    But I'm damned if I'm paying nearly 20 euro extra to get it on steam.

I got it off the official site, downloaded at proper speed too.
    Gwan Rev its very very good, send Efioanaes a /w WHEN you get it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭GHOST MGG2

Rev the Ce digital edition cost me 37 euros on direct to drive uk theres a code on the site to get 20 % off. just checked promo code is "vat free"

2 hour queue on bloodiron now :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

what server did yis roll on in the end?

kyub wrote: »
    what server did yis roll on in the end?

Bloodiron, huge queue right now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Dcully wrote: »
    I got it off the official site, downloaded at proper speed too.
    Gwan Rev its very very good, send Efioanaes a /w WHEN you get it :D

Damn you, I seem to have gone and ordered the bloody thing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Must resist... Must resist

A happy update for those of us who ordered in-store from GAME and were told we wouldn't be receiving head-start codes. If you get GAME to issue a copy of your preorder (make sure it's dated for before the 24th and has your name written on it) call up Trion's support line and you should be able to get them to add a head-start code to your account after filling out a claim and attaching a photo of the preorder receipt to it.

If they try to fob you off claiming that you've not actually paid for the game, point out that those who preordered online don't pay anything until the game is actually shipped. Persevere and stay polite, and if necessary say you wish to speak to the manager if told the rep doesn't have the power to authorise add the head-start and fingers crossed you should have a code added to your account.

The fact GAME customers have to go through this in the first place is still bloody ridiculous.

GAME is useless anyway. I'm not even surprised this has happened. I remember they sold my pre-ordered WoW:WOTLK in GAME in The Square, Tallaght so when I arrived it was gone, and they were just like "Yeah... we sold it because someone came in looking for one and we had none left." Since then I've refused to shop with them.

Anyone got screenshots of this running on Ultra?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I just bought a copy of steam. Probably going rogue as I usually play a plate wearer in WoW.

Advertisement