Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rift

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

So...free(ish!) month is nearly up - Are many of you still holding a subscription or ?

Myself, I've cancelled until they've sorted out the premades facerolling pugs in the warfronts. (Premade v premade only I say).

That and the botters, oh man the botters, how I absolutely detest them. :mad:

The class imbalances I can live with and work around, going so far as to put my pvp rank 3 rogue @ 50 on hold and rerolling a warrior (who incidentally does more damage with one spammable ranged ability at level 18 than my Rogues main combo point generator with MarksMan soul at level 50!)

Maybe I'll give it a look over again in a couple of months to see what's changed, if they've significantly improved their in-game customer service and the pvp has been sorted out along with action taken and continued monitoring and action of and against botters.

Server groupings for warfronts also need to expand, to lessen exploitation by people intent on creating premades even if they're stopped.

Shame though, had an awful lot of promise as an MMO, pity about the security lapses on their part in regards the account exploits, plus the botters and lack of forethought in regards premades facerolling pugs in warfronts - cements the point often made that companies should employ and pay beta testers to properly beta test a game, rather than a public free for all where nothing really gets reported and big obvious things get totally missed.

Ah well, chalk it up to being burned once again :(

Planetside 2 where are you !!!!!.............

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

I'm still enjoying it. At level 28 with my defiant rougue, going to play to 50 and roll a guardian warrior. Game has a few flaws, but it's the most enjoyable MMO I've played to date.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Still enjoying it,currently doing T1 endgame pve.
    Should have gear for T2 very soon.
    I couldnt give a toss about pvp despite rolling on a pvp server [i followed the boards guild]
    The endgame ive done so far is enjoyable enough.
    Ill probably sub for a month anyways after the free time expires.

I have a few concerns however.
    I have noticed on our server when playing alts the place is empty between lvl 1-30.
    Rumours of server polulation being only about 1500 might actually be true from what i see.
    / who Sanctum has never shown more than 70 players in the only capital city for Guardian :(
    Our server says medium population yet there are not a huge amount of guilds, atleast on guardian side.
    I rolled an alt on a pve server and there was a lot more players in the starting zones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

The PvP side is a little bit poor in my view. And while I'm enjoying the PvE that I'm doing, I'm finding it difficult to motivate myself to replay it using a different toon. It lacks the re-playability you get in wow imho.

With the number of f2p games out there, it needs to be something special to earn a recurring fee these days. And while rift certainly has some nice tricks, I'm not convinced its really lifting itself out the crowd. Shame really.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Still in the honeymoon period and my Mage is only at 19, but I'm hugely enjoying it so far. Only criticism would be how tough it is to find a group for Dungeons. I only started last week and feel like I missed the boat in that regard, with everyone rushing to 50 before I started playing.

• Advertisement

Did you find the level 50 stuff a bit easy Dcully ?
    I haven't done many raids but the level 50 dungeons and expert versions all seemed a bit too scripted and easy, we got through them all a few times with just me on the bard and a Mage chloro healing as we couldn't find a cleric to heal (they were all derp derp dps clerics).
    Gear drops were also not that great, I'd got better from pvp, just substituted a few bits for +hit and a couple runes to enchant pve stats on same and away I went.
    I did enjoy them mind, certainly did but it just all seemed a little too easy. Maybe the raids are a lot harder I dunno. Couldn't see myself farming that scripted content over and over though, not now especialyl after the plaque nerf.

It's the ganking (or fear of same) on the pvp servers that puts people off, not the pvp itself which in open world can be fantastic, hence why many would roll on pve servers and limit pvp mostly to warfronts unfortunately.

The game has a lot going for it, it really does but I think Trion have just been overwhelmed and lack enough GM/CS and devs to knock out the changes needed and monitor exploits fast enough. It took a player to point out the exploit that allowed hackers to take over your account without even knowing your login credentials or password :eek: That after apparently 1% of the customers had already been hacked in the first couple of weeks.

I won't dismiss it completely, still think it has a lot going for it but there's only so much pve you can fit in and the crafting/gathering seems a right old grind to get the best out of it all.

Early days I know but Trion seem to be sitting on their hands a lot on certain issues, only reacting when their forums explode but at the same time staying silent on others.

Yeah im finding T1 not to be too difficult, im solo healing mostly on my chloro mage which being honest is up there with most fun ive had with a healer class in any mmo, we have a cleric in the group most times but hes dps.
    Some of the guys in the guild are doing T2 and say theres a big jump in difficulty.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Are Chloro mages viable healers then? I'm Warlock/Nec/Dom at the moment but was thinking of dropping Dom for Chloro on one build at least.

Yeah they are viable, from what I've seen thus far but, there's a new patch after going live which apparently makes significant changes to Rogue and Mage healing - so don't know how that actually impacts on it all in game yet.

Are Chloro mages viable healers then? I'm Warlock/Nec/Dom at the moment but was thinking of dropping Dom for Chloro on one build at least.

As far as im aware cholo pumps out more healing that any class due to everyone in the group/raid recieving heals from all your heals.
    Your life damage spells thanks to lifegiving veil heal your party/raid.
    No need to select players via raid/party frames with this healer,stick synthesis [increases healing recieved from lifegiving veil by 225%] on your tank and your laughing.
    Just spam your life damage spells which are single and multi target and watch the green numbers allover the screen :)
    You get a few heals you need to select a player to use in the traditional manner of healing but ive rarely used them on players, mostly on myself.
    Mostly my life damage is doing more than enough healing.
    From what ive read on the official forums chloro are more raid healers and clerics more tank healers, having said that the +225% healing from synthesis povides some serious burst healing on your tank too.
    Very enjoyable spec, highly recommended.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

Hmm im 32 on my Rogue Deception sofar and im just not pushed about logging in, anyone else getting this ? :p

If this was Dark Age back in the day id be gagging to log on and taking sick days now and again lol

Nehaxak wrote: »
    Yeah they are viable, from what I've seen thus far but, there's a new patch after going live which apparently makes significant changes to Rogue and Mage healing - so don't know how that actually impacts on it all in game yet.

Correction: They pulled back on the patch due to forum rage. Seemed a bit of a drastic nerf to Chloro and Bards. If it is to be implemented, it'd have to go hand in hand with the long overdue nerfs to warriors, otherwise I'd think there'd just be a lot more people rerolling warriors.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭GHOST MGG2

ive cancelled my sub for all the same reasons mentioned in the above posts.
    Trion need to get things sorted as its all a bit messy atm .
    I have a lvl 50 warrior and a few lvl 18-30 alts,not really feeling the urge to take them any further...pity really.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Sonk

I'm thinking about buying the game, I live in Laois and Portlaoise is the closest place with a store that sells games. Do you think Gamestop will sell it? Also I'd like to join a server with some fellow Irish people, so if there is one, I'd love to join you guys in leveling/playing =]

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

You could always buy it online, as you'll probably have a credit card for the monthly fee anyway. It should be in Gamestop, but maybe ring them before hand to make sure.

Kiith wrote: »
    You could always buy it online, as you'll probably have a credit card for the monthly fee anyway. It should be in Gamestop, but maybe ring them before hand to make sure.
    25gb data allowance, I'm at about 6gb now atm, so I can't download it XD I'll be using my 3V card for subscriptions seeing as I'm still considered a minor. :P

If I do have to download it can anyone give me an approximate size of the entire download?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I think it was between 6-8gb, but i'm not 100% sure.

Kiith wrote: »
    I think it was between 6-8gb, but i'm not 100% sure.
    Dang :s That'd take days with my internet connection! XD

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

The Steam folder for it is 8.49gb, so not all that large, but big enough.

• Advertisement

I think I might buy it on Amazon, get it shipped to me within 1-2 business days.

If it'd take days to download the game, your connection will probably be too slow to play it...

BizzyC wrote: »
    If it'd take days to download the game, your connection will probably be too slow to play it...
    I'm obviously exaggerating, but 8gb is still a large download and would take me several hours. I'm just going to contact Gamestop, and see if they sell it. If not there is other ways of getting the game. =]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 darkwatersean

You guys all on Blood Iron?

Putting aside all the nerfs in the latest 1.1 patch - I have to say I love the ability they've added to encode movies as you're playing and then upload them to youtube.
    Only 3 mins in length each time though, unless there's a way to extend that, that I haven't figured out yet.

Really nice addition though, thumbs up for that one from Trion.

Nothing else worth talking about in the latest content patch imo, new world event thing is almost non existent and in reality, nobody knows wtf is going on. Nothing is happening and nobody cares to participate anyway as the loot/rewards seem like complete crap.

Still not subscribed though, couple days left on free month.

Really?
    I was on last night from about 10pm till 3am and there were two massive death invasions. About 10 - 12 active rifts in Silverwood alone and mobs pouring out of them.

The only bad point was that a few of them became bugged (there were three that didn't work but eventually collapsed anyway)

There were people EVERYWHERE of all levels. Brilliant.

Anyway,
    who do I have to poke in the eye to get a guild invite around here?

That's nothing unusual or out of the ordinary though, it's just a few more rifts to contend with, big deal tbh.

For anyone that wants to try the game, they're holding a free weekend...

It's not a referral code and I get nothing for it, even if you decide to subscribe afterwards.

If you've decent broadband and not much to worry about in regards the size of the download but just want to see what the game is like yourself and if it will work on your PC, then it's worth a shot really, without fronting any money in advance.

Details below... Code can be used five times so if it's not working for you then it's been used up, though others on here will probably have gotten the email from Trion also and could post you there code instead.

---

RIFT is holding a special Allies of the Ascended event. As my chosen ally, you can use this code to join me during the dates below, free of charge! Heed my call, and together we shall battle the Blood Storm!

Event Dates

10am PDT April 1, 2011 through 10am PDT April 4, 2011

Ally Code

W9WN-K7TX-WMML-XLCL-T3R2

Visit www.RIFTgame.com/en/ally for instructions on how to apply your Ally Code.

---

I'm actually considering un-subscribing now, not because I dont enjoy the game, but there have been other games released that are taking up my limited gaming time so I'm paying for a service i'm not using at the moment.

I'll definitley come back to it though...

• Advertisement

yeah.
    Sod it.. back to WoW.

Advertisement