Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rift

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Magaa

Does anyone have a trial code?
    I really want one.
    il do anything for it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Magaa wrote: »
    il do anything for it

Anything? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Magaa

Kiith wrote: »
    Anything? ;)

i knew someone would say that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭morgana

THey do another free weekend this weekend:
    We're going to be kicking off another "Allies of the Ascended" Weekend! This key is good for 1,000 uses (redeem it at the link) so pass it on to a friend or use it to try RIFT for yourself! YY2D-ZFJJ-WELD-7WZ3-TJXX

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Blackdragon

morgana wrote: »
    THey do another free weekend this weekend:

Great to hear :)

Hopefully i wont need to wait that long if my local GameStop is stocking it when i drop by today. Great to know i have something to fall back on though if they are not. Im mad to give this game a go

Edit to add: - Assuming i pick this up today, any recommendations as to which server i should start off on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Blackdragon

Free 7 day Trial now available -

Can I recommend that anyone who has cancelled their rift accounts log into the account management page and remove any saved credit cards from their accounts. I checked my online banking to find that I had been charged again this month, even though I've not played the game since launch. I've contacted their support team, and am waiting for a reply.

****ing annoying, as that was my last €20...thank god it's pay day tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Lister1

Kiith wrote: »
    Can I recommend that anyone who has cancelled their rift accounts log into the account management page and remove any saved credit cards from their accounts. I checked my online banking to find that I had been charged again this month....

Did you receive any emails in relation to them taking a payment?

Lister1 wrote: »
    Did you receive any emails in relation to them taking a payment?

To be honest, i've been recieving emails from 'Trion' for months now. Vast majority of them have been spam, so i may well have deleted the actual resub email since then. I've been onto Trion, and they have refunded the money though, so it's all good.

Still deleted the card though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

So server transfers are on the way:

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthread.php?195614-Press-Release-RIFT%99-TO-OFFER-FREE-CHARACTER-TRANSFERS

Just as well. I kept my sub and have 1 character on Sparkwing. Most nights around 9pm when I do a /who there are less than 10 players in the list.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

So server transfers are on the way:

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthread.php?195614-Press-Release-RIFT%99-TO-OFFER-FREE-CHARACTER-TRANSFERS

Just as well. I kept my sub and have 1 character on Sparkwing. Most nights around 9pm when I do a /who there are less than 10 players in the list.

Free transfer and weekly too :eek:

Awesome ive been waiting for this, i might resub when it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Lister1

Dcully wrote: »
    Free transfer and weekly too :eek:

Awesome ive been waiting for this, i might resub when it happens.

Any reports from players still playing? Might check them out before you throw your dosh away!

I'm still playing. But I'm usually fairly slow with mmos. I only have one character at level 38. This will probably be the first mmo I actually reach max level on before dropping my sub. I leveled to about 25 really fast then it slowed down a it. I usually only play about an hour 3 times a week, maybe a few on a sunday evening.

The population on my server is bad at the moment. Sometimes it's impossible to hand in quests because of an invasion around the NPCs and I'm the only player around, unable to stop the invasion myself depdning on the level of the enemies.

I haven't really done any PvP. I had one PVP quest last week that I couldn't complete because there were no defiant players in the area.

Lister1 wrote: »
    Any reports from players still playing? Might check them out before you throw your dosh away!

I stopped playing not because of the game but because of the server population, it was a nightmare trying to find groups to do any instance runs.
    Seems to be a lot still playing judging by the official forums but too many servers.
    If this transfer scenario sorts things out ill definitely resub.
    I hope i can transfer my characters to a pve server from pvp, im not a pvp fan at all, just thought id give it a go with Rift but i just found it annoying.

Still playing & enjoying it. I'm on Argent PvE-RP (not much RP going on, fine with me, not into that, just wanted a more mature user base ;P) decent server population, usually find enough ppl to run expert rifts or major events at least in the higher zones. Also plenty of ppl rolling alts in advance 1.3. Our PvPers tell me defiant have a queue for WFs while guardians get straight in :P.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

Hi Guys, just wondering where you got your copy of RIFT? Gamespot are advertising it for €30 but when I rang them they told me they only got 2 copies in, and don't expect any more in for several weeks! rang HMV and they said they never got it in, and both shops have said they don't sell time cards.

I don't have a credit card but have found the game for about €32 on direct2drive, just waiting on me paypal to sort itself and I'll buy full version there (trial runs out tomorrow I think), seems odd that some stores are selling it far below the €49.99 price tag advertised on the launcher.

Haven't read all this thread but have you Boardsies formed a guild? I'm currently on a server with some of my old WoW guildies, would be fun to roll an alt with you guys too.

Direct2drive and the likes are almost always cheaper than brick and mortar.
    Check out G2play.net also for your games,so much cheaper than anywhere else i find.

Rift for €26 at the moment.
    http://www.g2play.net/store/Rift-Digital-Download-30-Days-Included.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Wossack

quite enjoying my trial at the moment - had a big massive (shouda seen the map :o) rift invasion there last night, great craic!

So the LFG tool is now ingame i heard?
    Anyone still playing care to fill us in please on if it speeds things up finding a group.

Dcully wrote: »
    So the LFG tool is now ingame i heard?
    Anyone still playing care to fill us in please on if it speeds things up finding a group.

I only tried it a couple of times. The first time I didn't find a group for th ehour I was on. Second time I found one in 10 minutes. Was the first dungeon I did in the game. Haven't tried it again.

• Advertisement

Hit and miss. But ppl are starting to use shouts again to find missing members

So I got to a new zone on this today. Iron Pine Peak. The game suddenly ramped up in difficulty. It's supposedly a 40 - 45 zone. I'm at 41 but getting destroyed. Can barely make it out of the first camp.

Seems to be a lot of mobs with crossing patrol paths so I constantly find myself surrounded by about 5 or 6 40 - 42 enemies. Driving me mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

So I got to a new zone on this today. Iron Pine Peak. The game suddenly ramped up in difficulty. It's supposedly a 40 - 45 zone. I'm at 41 but getting destroyed. Can barely make it out of the first camp.

Seems to be a lot of mobs with crossing patrol paths so I constantly find myself surrounded by about 5 or 6 40 - 42 enemies. Driving me mad.

From memory that 's the Ice Zone right? That first area with the hordes of 40+ patrols with Wolves and Mages around is fairly horrible especially on PVP servers with the opposing faction running around. Think if you can grind up a level or so you should be okay. Being a Reaver helps killing the vast mobs. You can skip to next zone in IP which is more forgiving.

Stev_o wrote: »
    From memory that 's the Ice Zone right? That first area with the hordes of 40+ patrols with Wolves and Mages around is fairly horrible especially on PVP servers with the opposing faction running around. Think if you can grind up a level or so you should be okay. Being a Reaver helps killing the vast mobs. You can skip to next zone in IP which is more forgiving.

Yeah that's the one. Looks like I'll have to grind up a bit. I'm halfway to 42 so might try for 43.

I'm using a mage with a warlock/necro build. I read on the rift forums that a few people with similar builds had to respec when they hit that area. I'll hold off on that for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Yeah that's the one. Looks like I'll have to grind up a bit. I'm halfway to 42 so might try for 43.

I'm using a mage with a warlock/necro build. I read on the rift forums that a few people with similar builds had to respec when they hit that area. I'll hold off on that for now.

500px-iron_pine_peak_master_Map.jpg

Where that lake is there's a good few quests which you can do to get away from the ones initially at the lift but be careful since there is a NPC who spawns on the road to the Lake who is tough and he has a pet so try and avoid him if you aren't confident.

Tempted to resub actually =p

You can bypass the npcc's by going through the river. It gets easier after that particular quest node.

No need to respec, i levelled warlock/necro there no hassle.
    Try chloromancer/warlock i found it even better with large groups of mobs.

I might resub when free server transfers arrive, my server was dead.

30-40 min queues at peak to get onto Riptalon :o

lfg tool is still hella slow getting you groups - prob cause Im dps though..

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

Hi Guys , is it worth playing ? I really get a hankering for fantasy MMO's every so often.

I am playing Eve at the moment but I don't have the time to invest to get the most out of it ( i.e join a proper player run corp that requires you to be active at certain times, bit of a drag I know but if you have the time it is fun and immersive ! )

I was a massive fan of DAoC played it for years, I am just wondering whats it like to play rift ? how does it compare to WoW or Warhammer etc ?

• Advertisement

I think it is alright. Theres a free 7 day trial that'll give you a good feel for the game.

For better or worse, there are alot of similarities with WoW

But the highlight for me so far is the class system. It's just very well done. On the face of it, it doesnt look like you've alot of choice - just 4 classes, but then each class gets 8 'souls', of which you can pick any 3. If you know WoW, these souls are like different talent tree's. On top of that then, you can have a number of builds, which you can switch in and out of at will (just not when in combat)

Bit complicated that, but long story short is - Im wandering around as a melee DPS rogue doing my thing, party forms to beat on some invading mobs, and I on-the-fly respec to support class, as the party had too many DPS.
    Same thing for dungeons/instances. 'Careful guys, this boss has a nasty AOE', que me re-specing to my ranged DPS for this one fight.

Advertisement