Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rift

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

So downloaded the client over the weekend and account set up for new beta round.

People intrested in going on same server? do a beta type guild and help each other out?

dunno if you can get a shard list(servers) at the moment, when it does ill try and post it up to see if anyone wants to join the same one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Columc wrote: »
    So downloaded the client over the weekend and account set up for new beta round.

People intrested in going on same server? do a beta type guild and help each other out?

dunno if you can get a shard list(servers) at the moment, when it does ill try and post it up to see if anyone wants to join the same one.

Yeah ill be up for that .. anyone else from the Galway crew going to play?

Playboy wrote: »
    Yeah ill be up for that .. anyone else from the Galway crew going to play?

No idea, they are all on WoW at the moment. Have a VIP beta key so will give it to them try and get them intrested in it.

Long time, hows life treating ya?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

I got a beta key for this over the weekend with my Fileplanet sub. So I'll check it out over the next few days, hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭neilk32

KaiKai wrote: »
    You should try Darkfall online if you want an mmo you need to aim in :)

This is true, anyone looking to start hit me up. We have a clan designed to help new players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthread.php?31127-Dont-Know-What-To-Do-With-Your-25-Beta-Key

Is a thread that most existing Rift players are posting their beta keys in. If you are still looking for a Beta invite for you and yours, then this is the best place to start. Otherwise, Fileplanet and OnRPG are doing key giveaways at the moment. So check them out if you are still looking for one.

ZAM.com seem to be doing a beta key giveaway if you have a look at them, just sign up an account and request a key.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

Have a key registered and the game installed, see yaz online later tonight /:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Tr1PoD

Ivan, Lorenzomedici and my characters from the previous beta are on the server Cloudborne. How do you all feel about rolling there on the Guardian side?

It's a pvp server but you are safe for the first 20 levels so even if you don't like pvp I would recommend rolling there too. There seems to be slighly less Guardians which means queues for Warfronts are very short maybe a minute or two whereas when I tried Defiant I often had to wait for 20-30mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Psychosis

Tr1PoD wrote: »
    My characters from the previous beta are on the server Cloudborne. How do you all feel about rolling there on the Guardian side?

It's a pvp server but you are safe for the first 20 levels so even if you don't like pvp I would recommend rolling there too. There seems to be slighly less Guardians which means queues for Warfronts are very short maybe a minute or two whereas when I tried Defiant I often had to wait for 20-30mins.

How long does it take to level, i reckon a few of us will be starting from scratch :(

• Advertisement

aye ill be starting up from scratch... I would suggest tho a group of us starting on same server tho

Its very quick at least up till 23 which is as far as I got on defiant side in the beta.

On Guardian I'm only 14 or so I think so you will catch up in an hour or two.

At around 18 we can do the first dungeon! I haven't done it yet so looking forward to it.

Honestly its kind of hard to tell because once you get into the first main zone and all these rifts and invasions start xp just rolls in. During one of the bigger invasions I remember just grouping up at a quest hub and waves and waves of elite invaders kept trying to take it over, think I got 3 levels just in that one spot. I actually found the first 8 or so levels the most boring because its just the same old starter quests with hardly any abilities to use but past that its the most fun I've had in an MMO in a long time.

Now that they put in an open/auto grouping feature its even better.

Ivan, Lorenzomedici and my characters from the previous beta are on the server Cloudborne. How do you all feel about rolling there on the Guardian side?

I'll roll my character on there, called xios if it's not taken :o

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭GHOST MGG2

anyone else having problems connecting to server?

Failed to connect to server

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Lorenzomedici

It appears all EU servers have crashed. I knew there was far too many beta keys released, doubled the server numbers and it still couldn't handle it :)

New PvP server this phase went from low to full in 4mins after it came online lol.

www.riftstatus.com

When servers are up, seems like Cloudbourne is the server to create a char on.

how come the beta servers are up for such a small period. Like they are going down again on Friday

Beta is really a stress test phase to see how the game works with a crap load of people.

There is also an Alpha running 24/7 where other testing gets done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

From the Rift Status official Facebook page-

Rift Status: Trion may have to rethink it's strategy. Giving everyone 25-use keys really increased the server load and I don't think they were expecting it.
    3 minutes ago · LikeUnlike ·

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

I say they knew they were going to be overloaded and wanted to see what sort of impact vast numbers would end up trying to connect.

They can't be that dumb not to see the potential for disaster of basically making the game open beta.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Lorenzomedici

Expect queues on Cloudborne all night. I'm still sticking to it, queue dropped from 1300+ to under 200 in about 15mins. Nearly there!!

Beta is really a stress test phase to see how the game works with a crap load of people.

There is also an Alpha running 24/7 where other testing gets done.

Ahh, so its more of a stress test then bug finding i guess, the people who have alpha keys bug test it

Disappointing stuff

Post on here when the servers are back up. A lot of people will prob be put off by this initial downtime and won't be logging on later.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭GHOST MGG2

servers are back up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

800ish in queue! Will be called Euseka, guardian on Cloudbourne... unsure of class yet

I'm on Kirnan, Cleric. I'll check out the guild master but if I remember correctly I think its kind of expensive to start a guild at least with the money you get at low level.

GHOST MGG2 wrote: »
    servers are back up

It no worky :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Few of us on ventrilo. PM me on boards if you want details or MSN me if you have my MSN details.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

This game is awesome! Loving it so far

Advertisement