Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local Waterford charities?

• 14-01-2011 8:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭

I am planning to do some fund raising for a local club that I am in but would also like to donate some of the proceeds to a charity. My initial thought was Crumlin as I have family who were treated there but I would ideally like to keep it within the county and donate to a worthy cause in the city.

Does anyone know of any charities or where I would find information about a local one?

Thanks all:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

Solas Center? That would be my first choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Respond Housing is a good one.
    Would agree with previous suggestion of Solas Centre also.
    Maybe an employment or education charity such as Manor St. John youth services on the Manor.
    Spraoi do great work in the arts, festival scene in Waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Aruba08

Hi would you consider WASSA (Waterford Autism Social & Sports Action) http://www.wassa.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I personally think Crumlin is always worthwhile cause and any Suicide prevention is also a great cause.

If you are adamant on a local charity I'd agree with Solas Centre.

Well done for you, I'm hoping to run a marathon in September myself to raise a few quid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭snuggles09

Yes I think Solas centre is the way to go. I think everyone has some what of a soft spot for Crumlin but they hav a lot of people who fund raise for them (and I don't doubt that they need every penny) but I'd like to keep it local.

I will contact Solas and see what the situation is with regards to fund raising for them and let ye know how I get on.

Thanks for the options and advice:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

This site was brought to my attention today:-
    http://www.irishprematurebabies.com/

Might be worth considering also, but not local.

Advertisement