Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBOX queries - just bought one today

Options
  • 14-01-2011 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭

guys,

just bought the Xbox 360 250GB.

I have it all set up but is asking me to go onto XBOX live to download updates when i try play the .avi's from my external HD and it seems you have to sign up to XBOX live to access Facebook,.... on the xbox

does this sound right or am I missing something?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Correct you have to be signed to watch movies so they can see what your watching.

and you need Xbox gold for facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

is there a charge for the XBOX live crack?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭namelessguy

I think silver is free but gold will cost ya. Do .avi's play on the xbox? Last time I tried it said it was an supported file type?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Correct you have to be signed to watch movies so they can see what your watching.

Tin foil hat wearer by any chance? ;)
    You have to create a live account (you'll get a free 1 month gold trial to start off), then download the optional media update in order to watch avis. After that you won't need to be signed in to watch anything, its a once off download.
    When your 1 month trial ends you'll be knocked down to a free account (can't play online with it unless you pay for a gold account)

Just don't enter billing details when you sign up and you won't get charged

tman wrote: »
    Tin foil hat wearer by any chance? ;)
    d

I have to be signed in to watch Avis :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Just don't enter billing details when you sign up and you won't get charged

Don't enter them even if you do want to play online, points and live subscriptions can be got much cheaper online.

Micro$oft charge the sucker rate if you pay through the xbox, plenty of websites will email you a code you can redeem in 5 minutes for up to €15 cheaper!!!!!!! See the sticky thread in the xbox forum for more info on that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Have you ever replaced your console?
    The free media update is linked to the console, so if you download it on console A and replace it with console B you'll have to always be signed into live in order to use it...
    Simple way around that is to create a new live account and download it again with that

Have you ever replaced your console?
    The free media update is linked to the console, so if you download it on console A and replace it with console B you'll have to always be signed into live in order to use it...
    Simple way around that is to create a new live account and download it again with that

I just rename the avis from XXX.Ass.Crackers.11.avi to Smurfs.avi :D

Advertisement