Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tesco arkeen or ballybeg

• 14-01-2011 8:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

which is bigger?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

ardkeen! ! !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

ardkeen by some distance although ballybeg has everything that it has, with what you'd need for a weekly shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 The Good Doctor

Yes I would hazzard a guess that Ardkeen would be one and a half times the size of Kilbarry

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Ardkeen - its a Tesco extra so they extended the store which I think is a requirement to get the "Extra" on the name.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭sydsad

is the ballybeg one 24hr?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

sydsad wrote: »
    is the ballybeg one 24hr?

Till 10pm :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

yeah for real - i dont know about any of ye but i wouldnt be venturing anywhere near ballybeg after dark.

no amount of koka noodles could convince me otherwise.

yeah for real - i dont know about any of ye but i wouldnt be venturing anywhere near ballybeg after dark.

thats a bit of a stupid comment to make, ya could walk anywhere in the city and get mugged or bet up not just in ballybeg!!! i aint from the place and aint defending it, it may have had a very bad name for years all it takes is for one or two families to do it!! and every city and town has the same stigma attached to certain area,s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

Im just saying I wouldn't risk walking anywhere near ballybeg after dark, or if im being brutally honest -- before dark.

I don't care if its "just one or two families". Its how I feel. I wouldn't feel safe and Im not about to apologise to you, just because Im judging an area on a reputation its earned.

Im just saying I wouldn't risk walking anywhere near ballybeg after dark, or if im being brutally honest -- before dark.

I don't care if its "just one or two families". Its how I feel. I wouldn't feel safe and Im not about to apologise to you, just because Im judging an area on a reputation its earned.
    and anyhow the store is,nt smack bang in the middle of ballybeg so your over exagerating it there just a small bit, would you walk through foxwood or carraig an aird?????as the store is closer to those two estate more so than ballybeg!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Trust me, you'd be surprised what you'd see in Ardkeen Tesco!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Trust me, you'd be surprised what you'd see in Ardkeen Tesco!

Sure the guards practically live there at night, you'd be grand!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

What a complete load of crap. Seems you don't even know the area or even where the Tesco is located.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭SillyMcCarthy

Apparantly the store in BB only took 12K last week & the heads in Dublin are not too happy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

not doing very good i heard over the weekend

Some personalities (or lack of) in charge down there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭ArtVandelay76

Some personalities (or lack of) in charge down there!

I hear the same thing myself, alot of pissed off employees in there due to bad management.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

south wrote: »
    not doing very good i heard over the weekend

There was no need for it. Tesco Lisduggan is only up the road and Superquinn and Lidl aren't too far way either.

I thought people were let go from the Lisduggan store anyway?

Apparantly the store in BB only took 12K last week & the heads in Dublin are not too happy!

Should be doing closer to 80k+ and the heads are in uk now! Not much left in Dun laoire.

I was out there Tue Morning, 6 customer's cars in the car park inc mine! Ardkeen was hopping in comparison.

Is is really walking distance from Ballybeg / Templers hall?

• Advertisement

Sully wrote: »
    I thought people were let go from the Lisduggan store anyway?
    I would doubt it as they have the most service in the town and would be very expensive to let go. Much easier to let go staff from Ardlkeen and move the staff from Lisduggan, which didn't happen.

I was told that a security guard was given a beating by a 'group'
    for reporting them for stealing! Wouldn't you just love to be caught
    up in all that!

Before this thread derails into a "Safety of Shopping in store X" discussion - I think its best we wrap it up. Both stores are safe, easy to shop in and away from trouble.

Thanks for the contributions!

Topic Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement