Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did the doctor give away sex of my baby??

Options
  • 14-01-2011 8:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭

Hi all

This is my first baby and i have not found out the sex as i really want it to be a suprise
    I am 8 months pregnant and had to get a scan as they thought baby was a bit underweight..
    Anyways when she was doing it the baby was kicking and she said 'oh hes a little wriggler'
    Does anyone think she gave it away or could this just be a figure of speech??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Figure of speech :) it can get pretty tedious saying they're or "he or she" so I think some doctors just pick one and stick to it. Although, there's a 50% chance it is a boy anyway ;) So he may be right, he may be wrong haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

They generally don't look at the sex and probably wouldn't have gotten a look if he/she was wriggling alot so I'd say it was just a figure of speech! Its nicer than calling him/her 'It'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭upinthesky

mm maybe? i had a scan at around the same time and the doctor said he's a big baby and it was a boy

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭wellsir

your surprise may have come a month early....SURPRISE:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭upinthesky

you will only know the answer when the baby is born so don't wreck your head about it and congrats btw!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

the midwife always said 'he' during my scans so we were convinced....wrong, the youger midwives seem to say 'baby' only

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭kirstyor123

Thanks for the replies everyone :)

I dont care about the sex once its healthy ( of course ) but would soooooo LOVE a little boy :D

Advertisement