Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transferring contacts

Options
  • 14-01-2011 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know how to transfer your contacts from itunes to your computer. I don't have an iphone anymore but got a nokia e5 today. Contacts never saved on my sim so i have to try find another way of getting them back.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,461 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

In iTunes there are four options for where your contacts are stored - Google Contacts, Outlook, Windows Contacts and Yahoo Address Book, which of these were you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

Where would it show that?

Found it. It's windows contacts

Are you able to Start/All Programs/Windows Contacts?

If you are then you will be able to Export your contacts into a VCF or CSV file.

Yep saved them to csv file. However when i go to open it, a pop up comes saying it doesn't recognise the file

• Advertisement

Don't worry about that, in fact you can sync them direct from Windows Contacts to the Nokia, do you have Nokia Ovi Suite installed?

If you do then connect the phone to the PC (preferably via cable but Bluetooth will do), open Ovi Suite, click on Sync/Sync Options, then click on Contacts in the popup window and click on the Windows Contacts button, then click OK. You then click on Sync/Sync Now (arrow) and select Contacts.

That worked perfectly, cheers.
    Only thing is that the phone no's are ones from at least 2/3 years ago when i first got iphone 3g.
    I only synched the phone wednesday night before i sold it. Shouldn't that of not updated the phone no's.
    The reason i ask is that i had the iphone 4 with a new sim card that i got 7 weeks ago and when i went into my old itunes account to put apps on the phone it updated and installed a load of phone no's that were from about 6 months ago.
    Is there anywhere the most recent no's could be?
    Hope that makes sense to ya

I don't know where the current phone numbers could be, are you sure you were using Windows Contacts? Maybe you were using Google contacts.....

If it was in google contacts, where would i find them on the computer? I had a look in search but couldn't find em

Open Google mail and click on Contacts on the left.

• Advertisement

coylemj wrote: »
    Open Google mail and click on Contacts on the left.

Yep.
    Found them in there.
    Now any ideas how to get them from there onto the nokia.
    I treid what u said above about windows contacts but there was no google option.

First you need to be 100% sure that the contacts in Google are what you need to have in the Nokia. If you are then the next step is to scrub those old contacts in the phone and then get the contacts from Google into Windows contacts and from there into the phone

I can't access Windows Contacts from my laptop, I'm running Windows 7 and I have Outlook installed so don't use Windows Contacts, unless the address book in Outlook is the same thing which it might be.

This is what you need to do.

1. Go into Windows Contacts and delete all your contacts, then open Ovi Suite and sync with the phone, this will scrub all the old contacts from the phone. CLose Ovi Suite when you've done this

2. Go into Google mail, open Contacts and click on 'More Actions', then Export, then select 'All Contacts' and export in the Outlook CSV format

3. Import the CSV file into Windows Contacts.

4. Sync with the phone using Ovi Suite

Thats after working a treat.
    Your a legend.
    I owe ya one for that.
    Cheers

You're welcome, good night!

Advertisement