Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Password for eircom modem....

• 14-01-2011 9:13pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭

I cant seem to find out what the password is for my new eircom modem. I need to login to change settings in the modem as it keeps disconnecting for a few seconds every few minutes and giving me an error screen, saying "No DSL Connection".

Im not sure what the model is either, but This is what it looks like:

dscf6245.jpg

Is there a way to find out what it is?

This is the login screen I get when I type in 192.168.1.254

efwf.png

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

For most routers it is usually admin or password.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Neither of those seem to work...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

Have you tried leaving it blank?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

try broadband or broadband1, its something idiotically simple like that

broadband1 worked! cheers guys, going to try and figure out how to change it now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

It is broadband1.

It's in tiny writing on a sticker underneath it. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

from eircom broadband support site

If you require the logon details for your modem settings, the username is eircom and the password is broadband1.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭shoxter

broadband1

Yeah thanks for that guys, but do any of you know what is up with this modem with regards to it losing connection every few minutes and disconnecting then reconnecting? If I play xbox with it, it disconnects me from xbox live every few minutes. Its infuriating. Ive had no problems with other modems.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Yeah thanks for that guys, but do any of you know what is up with this modem with regards to it losing connection every few minutes and disconnecting then reconnecting? If I play xbox with it, it disconnects me from xbox live every few minutes. Its infuriating. Ive had no problems with other modems.

Are you using wireless? If so is it the wireless connection thats dropping or the actual internet connection.

If it is the internet conection then post your line stats - signal drops are often caused by low snr.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 scottishriver2

If that is a zyxel router which i think it is they are a piece of ****, i got one from eircom when my netopia one packed in, i also was having problems with geting cut off all the time and is impossible to play my ps3 online.
    I finally got another netopia one of one of my mates thank god.
    If i were you i would **** that piece of **** out of the window and buy one or borrow one if your lucky enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭rubensni

If that is a zyxel router which i think it is they are a piece of ****, i got one from eircom when my netopia one packed in, i also was having problems with geting cut off all the time and is impossible to play my ps3 online.
    I finally got another netopia one of one of my mates thank god.
    If i were you i would **** that piece of **** out of the window and buy one or borrow one if your lucky enough.

That's odd, the Zyxel is normally a solid performer. Maybe you just got a bad one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭carveone

rubensni wrote: »
    That's odd, the Zyxel is normally a solid performer. Maybe you just got a bad one?

There have been several threads on how bad the Zyxel is on Eircom's network. Some think it might be the specific firmware that eircom use.

The general advice is either find a netopia or, much better, go to adverts.ie and buy a DG834G for 25 quid. They do this mad thing called "working"... I know I know - it's a new concept unknown to Eircom.

Suddenly I wish I'd signed my Mum up to Digiweb last week instead of eircom. :(

Advertisement