Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extremely Noob Question...

Options
  • 14-01-2011 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Hey, I have been re-educating myself over the past several months and as a result have been learning Dreamweaver CS5. I have created many mock ups but have not uploaded any of my projects but feel relatively confidant on the process from the initial state i.e. a website that has/is not already being hosted.

Remarkably, I have been asked to redesign a website, and have no issue with the design but unfortunately have no idea how to get access to existing pages that are already being hosted. How do I get access to the current server and create a link to get/put files from my machine to the host? From my initial conversation with the client I don't believe he himself knows any of the required information. Or, just as likely I don't know the correct questions to ask.

Please, any help or advice that would direct me would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

Advertisement