Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spurs V Manchester United K.O. 16:10 Sky Sports

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Man of the Match Voting link.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?hl=en&formkey=dE1CQzhqbjFHX1R1alNESUJ6TXZxRHc6MQ#gid=0

Open to all as always, just don't be a dick. please.

1. Vidic
    2. Ferdinand
    3. VDS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Are you saying mr.beaver is Man Utd's defensive coach?....If so please back up statement.

beaver.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

KevIRL wrote: »
    2 yellows = 1 game

Me = Idiot, cheers man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

nullzero wrote: »
    My stream dropped as United broke, wtf happened?

United scored

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Gotta say that tracking back by Hernandez at the end to block the cross by Lennon [?] was absolute quality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭1mcampo1

Drumpot wrote: »
    Your sig and comments on the red tells everybody who you wanted to win . .;)

all i was saying is that it was a red card. that is it. spurs were on the break and rafael deliberately fouled hutton (i think) > yellow card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

The Muppet wrote: »
    United scored

Twice one was Gomes OG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

smokedeels wrote: »
    Me = Idot, cheers man.

WAHEY :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

KevIRL wrote: »
    2 yellows = 1 game

Might face further action for belting the mic, probably just a fine though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Good result for united . .

2 x Chelsea, 1 X Arsenal, 1 x City and 1 X Liverpool (cause their Cnts that love nothing better then beating us!) .

9 out of 15 in these games and the league is ours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Man of the match voting but you can only choose a Man Utd player.... i'll pass thanks

Look this has been running all season and the rules are really clear. Its a system to find out who we (and others, including the LOL 'neutrals') have figured to be OUR most consistent over the season. Mitch goes out of his way to do it. We will gladly not take your votes, tyvm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,528 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

flahavaj wrote: »
    1. Vidic
    2. Ferdinand
    3. VDS

I'd have to agree with that.
    Vidic was amazing. Rafael could learn a lot from him.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Dave! wrote: »
    Dear L'prof,

Thank you for your letter, it was well received.

Unfortunately in this case we must decline your request, as we intend taking all 3 points today.

Please accept our apologies, and if we may assist you in any other way in the future, don't hesitate to get in contact again.

Kind Regards,

United

Dear United,

Thanks ever so much for your compliance, I knew you wouldn't let me down intentionally or otherwise.

Yours,
    L'prof

Man of the match voting but you can only choose a Man Utd player.... i'll pass thanks

You've made a fair pathetic contribution to this match thread lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Sending off was harsh, Spurs should have had a penalty though.

1mcampo1 wrote: »
    all i was saying is that it was a red card. that is it. spurs were on the break and rafael deliberately fouled hutton (i think) > yellow card

He didnt foul him unless clipping heals without sticking out your foot is a deliberate foul . .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Happy enough with that, means we clawed 2 points back. This United side are terribly ordinary btw, Vidic and Ferdinand aside. Any sort of injury to those 2 and they'll be in trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Good result, average display. Vidic motm by a mile.

No in fairness mate you said 'as a neutral' (or words to that effect). As a Leeds fan you aver very much not a neutral!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Wish we would of ran at them a bit more. United couldn't handle the pace as was evident with all their fouling. Great game. Just disappointed not to get the goal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Divorce Referendum

Definitely cant be conclusive that it was deliberate. Looked like it wasnt to be honest.

p_larkin99 wrote: »
    Its a system to find out who we (and others, including the LOL 'neutrals')

Everyone is against you yeah? Get real, not everyone hates United but its stupid comments like this that don't really help your cause.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Lol at the Utd fans giving out about the ref. Rafael was rightly sent off, Rooney should have been sent off for constantly berating the ref and Vidic was clearly tugging VDV's shirt in the box right in front of the ref.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Also; Modric motm.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Great result for Utd.

Being honest Spurs never really looked like scoring despite their possession.

Utd back on top with 2 games in hand, where we belong. :cool:

Load of away games now that we have to start winning roll on. Hoping we bring in Rossi as has been suggested.

United where good defensively took Bale a bit to get into the game but played some nice stuff.
    Again BAE one of our best players absolute quality left foot.
    VDV very bright.

Really felt Modric ran rings around fletcher and Carrick despite having an inferior cm partner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭1mcampo1

Drumpot wrote: »
    He didnt foul him unless clipping heals without sticking out your foot is a deliberate foul . .

he ran behind hutton to deliberatly get in contact with him. a professional foul they say...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,733 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Why is Crouch still getting a game ahead of Defoe, Pavlyuchenko and Keane? He's getting consistently worse every season

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Everyone is against you yeah? Get real, not everyone hates United but its stupid comments like this that don't really help your cause.

what? It was in reference to a Leeds fan calling themselves neutral. Read back in the thread mate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

MOTM - 1. Vidic 2. Evra 3. Carrick

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Happy enough with the Draw from a city point of view. As for the red card, should have seen a straight red for the first challenge for sure. There have been many players sent off this season for lesser challenges. Should have the book chucked at him that lad, a complete injustice he will only be banned for 1 match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Did sky commentary say point wasnt enough to take United back to top? Check the table lads!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Divorce Referendum

karma_ wrote: »
    Happy enough with the Draw from a city point of view. As for the red card, should have seen a straight red for the first challenge for sure. There have been many players sent off this season for lesser challenges. Should have the book chucked at him that lad, a complete injustice he will only be banned for 1 match.

Really? Few examples please.

he ran behind hutton to deliberatly get in contact with him. a professional foul they say...

Your absolute certainty opinions on this say it all . . Your about as impartial as a . . well a leeds fan discussing an incident in a Man United game . .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Warper wrote: »
    Lol at the Utd fans giving out about the ref. Rafael was rightly sent off, Rooney should have been sent off for constantly berating the ref and Vidic was clearly tugging VDV's shirt in the box right in front of the ref.

You can't send him off for bollocking the ref when every player does it. It could probably do with a thread of its own but Football should adopt the Rugby approach of only allowing the Captain speak to the Ref anyone else gets yellow. It'd do more for respect for the Refs than the x amount they piss away on these advertising campaigns.

Did sky commentary say point wasnt enough to take United back to top? Check the table lads!

I heard that too, was like :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,528 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Blah blah blah.

You should worry about your own side instead of calling for the book to be thrown at Rafael.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭JayMul

Poor game, silly red card, result probably fair though Spurs were more dominant.

p_larkin99 wrote: »
    what? It was in reference to a Leeds fan calling themselves neutral. Read back in the thread mate.

But you didn't quote him or anything how am I meant to know who you are talking about in fairness?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Good result for such a **** performance. Carrick and Fletcher and Giggs just ****, Nani too. Whole midfield 4.

Personally I thought that Rafael deserved to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

Lads,Hi!

I am a Tottenham Fan,I had my soccer thread access request accepted last night.

Where can I find the thread for spurs fans,cheers.

Warper wrote: »

LOL at this crock of waffle post . .

Really? Few examples please.

Defoe "challange" to get sent off that was Definetly an exception rather than the rule

• Registered Users Posts: 6,591 ✭✭✭jaykay74

poor effort :pac:

Lads,Hi!

I am a Tottenham Fan,I had my soccer thread access request accepted last night.

Where can I find the thread for spurs fans,cheers.

I should be on the first few pages. Ye also have yeer own forum!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

You must of passed the soccer forum since the start of the season if it has to be explained to you. Doh!

Good result all things considered. Vidic and Ferdinand were fantastic today, never looked in serious trouble.

Unbelieveably I got a great stream that only cut out once while watching both the Meryside derby and the Spurs United game. Better still, because my Mac is sick, I only had my iPad to try and get a stream. Who would of thought?

Top of the league with games in hand and have upped our performance to about a 7 out of 10. Not too bad, not too bad at all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

nullzero wrote: »
    Blah blah blah.

You should worry about your own side instead of calling for the book to be thrown at Rafael.

Take those big red tinted milk bottles away from your eyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

cson wrote: »
    You can't send him off for bollocking the ref when every player does it. It could probably do with a thread of its own but Football should adopt the Rugby approach of only allowing the Captain speak to the Ref anyone else gets yellow. It'd do more for respect for the Refs than the x amount they piss away on these advertising campaigns.

Respect is earned, not given. I can't really think of any referee who's earned it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I only saw the second half. Had to watch the first half on the radio.

Spurs impressed me.. the played at breakneck speed. United's defence though were savage.. especially Vidic, who was immense. Could have gone either way though as United looked dangerous on the break. Rooney still looks off the pace at the minute.

Seemed like a harsh sending off for Rafa, but not one you could really argue with in fairness.

Either way, seems like a fair enough result for both teams - neither of them were clinical enough going forward. A decent game to watch though, even at nil all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement