Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spurs V Manchester United K.O. 16:10 Sky Sports

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,591 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Lads,Hi!

I am a Tottenham Fan,I had my soccer thread access request accepted last night.

Where can I find the thread for spurs fans,cheers.

Thread ? Ye lads have a sub forum for yourselves :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=837

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Man of the Match Voting link.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?hl=en&formkey=dE1CQzhqbjFHX1R1alNESUJ6TXZxRHc6MQ#gid=0

Open to all as always, just don't be a dick. please.

and for anyone who thinks that a Utd player didn't deserve to win MOTM and that a player from the better team today deserved it vote here....

https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dGJaTFc2TzY3dVhxZmJIUXgwaHBDZGc6MQ
    flahavaj wrote: »
    You've made a fair pathetic contribution to this match thread lad.

Do ya think, every post i made today has made a valid point, if you disagree you need glasses because you've misread all my posts :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I only saw the second half. Had to watch the first half on the radio.

That must have been boring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    But you didn't quote him or anything how am I meant to know who you are talking about in fairness?

I assume you had read the thread and weren't here just to hop all over a post that you took way out of context.

I said we (united fans), others (people like slickrick who vote i think nearly every week) and then made a lil joke due to what had been said in the thread before.

Meh, no big deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

karma_ wrote: »
    Happy enough with the Draw from a city point of view. As for the red card, should have seen a straight red for the first challenge for sure. There have been many players sent off this season for lesser challenges. Should have the book chucked at him that lad, a complete injustice he will only be banned for 1 match.

That was the challenge where he played the ball? I thought a booking was on the harsh side.

But yeah, let's chuck the book at him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

I only saw the second half. Had to watch the first half on the radio.

Spurs impressed me.. the played at breakneck speed. United's defence though were savage.. especially Vidic, who was immense. Could have gone either way though as United looked dangerous on the break. Rooney still looks off the pace at the minute.

Seemed like a harsh sending off for Rafa, but not one you could really argue with in fairness.

Either way, seems like a fair enough result for both teams - neither of them were clinical enough going forward. A decent game to watch though, even at nil all.

Tell me how you can do that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

and for anyone who thinks that a Utd player didn't deserve to win MOTM and that a player from the better team today deserved it vote here....

https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dGJaTFc2TzY3dVhxZmJIUXgwaHBDZGc6MQ

Do ya think, every post i made today has made a valid point, if you disagree you need glasses because you've misread all my posts :D

LOUL. This just confims my suspicions. GTFO.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

jaykay74 wrote: »
    poor effort :pac:

hehe even the poorest effort is guaranteed to hook a couple of united fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

titan18 wrote: »
    Respect is earned, not given. I can't really think of any referee who's earned it

Players don't exactly make it easy for them.

That was some sniper shot that took out Rooney in the first half, heart of a lion that chap, OOOOO ERRRRRR!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

titan18 wrote: »
    Respect is earned, not given. I can't really think of any referee who's earned it

Cheers for that, your attitude is probably symptomatic of why there is **** all respect given towards officials these days.

adox wrote: »
    Unbelieveably I got a great stream that only cut out once while watching both the Meryside derby and the Spurs United game. Better still, because my Mac is sick, I only had my iPad to try and get a stream. Who would of thought?

Well la-de-da

Check out jo Apple over here with all his gadgets and gismos

only having a laugh with ya : )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,528 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Take those big red tinted milk bottles away from your eyes.

I usually wouldn't bother with this as it's been done to death but you deserve something special...

picard-facepalm.jpg&t=1

Glazers Out!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

lol, petty.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Jesus, could Sky be more in love with Giggs? Tyler, Gray, now Shreeves, Keys and Yorke...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Bitter.

• Advertisement

hehe even the poorest effort is guaranteed to hook a couple of united fans.

Good of you to at least admit to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Ush1 wrote: »

That was some sniper shot that took out Rooney in the first half, heart of a lion that chap, OOOOO ERRRRRR!

No, they don't, but the referees don't make it easy for the players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

Ush1 wrote: »

This is what I mean Ush. All that quality disappears when discussing Utd.:pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

p_larkin99 wrote: »
    I assume you had read the thread and weren't here just to hop all over a post that you took way out of context.

I said we (united fans), others (people like slickrick who vote i think nearly every week) and then made a lil joke due to what had been said in the thread before.

Meh, no big deal.

I missed the others part, otherwise I probably would have got it. My bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Tell me how you can do that?

Like this..

Johnson,%20Gillian_Man%20With%20Radio.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,591 ✭✭✭jaykay74

This invincibles lark isn't all its cracked up to be. :)

#15 wrote: »
    This is what I mean Ush. All that quality disappears when discussing Utd.:pac::pac::pac::pac:

:pac:

Ah no, United did well. Spurs won't get a better chance to beat them than that.

I think Spurs still lack a real top striker. Modric was excellent though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

meh.

Spurs probably deserved the win on the balance of the game, so I'll happily take the point.

We were fairly poor again and our luck is going to run out eventually. I think Rafael was unfortunate to be sent off, but them's the breaks.

Hopefully we actually kick into gear at some point, if we don't we'll be overtaken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

dfx- wrote: »
    Jesus, could Sky be more in love with Giggs? Tyler, Gray, now Shreeves, Keys and Yorke...

Yeh cause praising a player that reaches a milestone that no other player has done, like Giggs has achieved, is not worth mentioning ! ! :rolleyes:

Hearing positive things about United prob hurts you , yes ?

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    I missed the others part, otherwise I probably would have got it. My bad.

Happens to the best of us :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

cson wrote: »
    Cheers for that, your attitude is probably symptomatic of why there is **** all respect given towards officials these days.

Ok,I'm not sure who you follow, think it's Arsenal, but would you not be angry at the ref for Rafael's sending off today if it happened to Fabregas for example.

Or how about if a player dived against ye and got a penalty.

Considering, that these bad decisions happen week in,week out, and the referees generally face no sort of punishment for any bad decisions.

Why should any player or any fan give respect to a referee who doesn't deserve and has never done anything to deserve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Hey Karma, how did it feel to see 2 top 4 teams going at it. Must be a big change from watching city afraid to come out of their own half and go toe to toe. ;)

dfx- wrote: »

They should've just spent the two hours talking about how great he is tbh instead of showing the match. What an absolute hero.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Vidic and Rafael were beasts today. Vidic MOTM though clearly.

Drumpot wrote: »
    Yeh cause praising a player that reaches a milestone that no other player has done, like Giggs has achieved, is not worth mentioning ! ! :rolleyes:

Hearing positive things about United prob hurts you , yes ?

TBH I think the reason is that other than the sending off there wasnt too much to talk about.

Very few actual chances, it was just Spurs playing in front of us - standing outside the door rather than knocking on it - and us repelling and looking to counter when the time arose.

So with that in mind they kinda focused on Giggsy's ridiculous milestone - fairly so imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Hey Karma, how did it feel to see 2 top 4 teams going at it. Must be a big change from watching city afraid to come out of their own half and go toe to toe. ;)

Spurs are in the top 4 now? :confused:

Oh and I must add also, Spurs played it very weird after Raf was sent off. I thought, with Fletch playing at RB and rooney then RW, that they would look to pick out Bale every time they were on the ball but he rarely saw it. Im sure Bale would have loved to have got at Fletch a lot more but instead they were coming to Lennon - maybe to get Evra sent of as well? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

It was awful tbh but if we keep getting 3 pts and they get 1pt at the weekends I'm sure we will learn in time to live with it;)

Oh and I must add also, Spurs played it very weird after Raf was sent off. I thought, with Fletch playing at RB and rooney then RW, that they would look to pick out Bale every time they were on the ball but he rarely saw it. Im sure Bale would have loved to have got at Fletch a lot more but instead they were coming to Lennon - maybe to get Evra sent of as well? :pac:

Apart from Modric, all of their big threats - VDV, Bale, Lennon were quiet enough. As p larkin said they played in front of United for most of the game and didn't really make that many clear cut chances.

It was bad, Harry should have made another sub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

i predicted a draw so im happy,even happier to see the annoyed faces on the pool and chelski fans in work.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

They should've just spent the two hours talking about how great he is tbh instead of showing the match. What an absolute hero.

They nearly did:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Kimsang

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Spurs are in the top 4 now? :confused:

Finished fourth last year. I think that makes them top 4 for the rest of the season, at least.

Kimsang wrote: »
    Finished fourth last year. I think that makes them top 4 for the rest of the season, at least.

And they say City fans are the ones living in the past ;)

• Advertisement

Why would City fans live in the past?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Insecure, delusions of grandeur, delighted with 2nd spot, I dont see how things have changed much . .

Come on everybody . .

Ohhhh . .

They've got salt and pepper on a hot dog stand, oh City are a massive club . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Cause they have a reputation to live up to and sure they are trying their best to do that despite the owners throwing money at them.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

It was awful tbh but if we keep getting 3 pts and they get 1pt at the weekends I'm sure we will learn in time to live with it;)

Didnt you draw your previous game and United won?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,562 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

united were poor enough again ,too many of our players just aren't on form.the 4 midfielders today were all fairly poor.I thought spurs could have done a bit more when united went a man down.

Who says that?

And why would they want to live in the past?

• Advertisement

Drumpot wrote: »
    Insecure, delusions of grandeur, delighted with 2nd spot, I dont see how things have changed much . .

Come on everybody . .

Ohhhh . .

They've got salt and pepper on a hot dog stand, oh City are a massive club" . .

Lol conflicting opinions here. Which one is the party line?

(And Flah we were the best club in England for a period during the 70s which I know you're aware of.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

You'd think people would learn not to post in the match thread after the game is over. There is always some idiot who starts some stupid argument which generally isn't even related to the game.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Someone needs to read about the history of football in Manchester.

Fuhrer wrote: »
    Who says that?

And why would they want to live in the past?

Do I really need to explain it or am I giving you too much credit to know why we could be accused of wanting to live in the past?

I'll give you a clue - we were successful and you have a banner at your ground stating when it was.

All horribly off topic anyway so decent game, good result.

(And Flah we were the best club in England for a period during the 70s which I know you're aware of.)

What period was that?

• Advertisement
Advertisement