Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spurs V Manchester United K.O. 16:10 Sky Sports

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

baz2009 wrote: »
    Do you write all your own material or just use completely unoriginal lines?

never kiss and tell baz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    All this fantasy XI talk and X vs Y is pretty bull****ty, but I will say this:

MORE RESPECT MUST BE GIVEN TO THIS MAN:

Rafael+Da+Silva.jpeg
    Hes already getting as much respect as hes earned so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

BERBA wrote: »
    you gotta be kidding me ,ledley king is mr glass.

fixed that for you:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Have to say both the da silva twins look like they will be top class players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Have to say both the da silva twins look like they will be top class players.

The real fun will start when they start swapping jerseys :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I often wondered would they chance a sneaky swap over in the event of a suspension.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

this thread is going to be horrible to read, you can just tell already.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

flahavaj wrote: »
    I often wondered would they chance a sneaky swap over in the event of a suspension.:pac:

I was thinking the same myself, Rafael would start the game and pick up a cheap yellow card in the first half, then Fabio would put on his jersey at half time and come out for the second half, then he'd foul someone else and the ref would give him a yellow and try and send him off, and Fabio would be like: 'LOL it ain't Rafael, it's me Fabio.' And the ref would be like: 'LOL', and they'd all play on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

A win would be so sweet. To finally break the hoodoo and also break United's unbeaten streak.

I don't know what to make of the fixture really though. I think it could swing either way. Who's reffing this by the way? Could be a foregone conclusion :mad:

Not to get screwed over would be amazing too.

Edit: My apologies, that's been covered.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Kold wrote: »
    I think it could swing either way. Who's reffing this by the way? Could be a foregone conclusion :mad:

Not to get screwed over would be amazing too.

Ah now, at least the 'Pool fans waited to have a 50/50 decision go against them to start complaining.

baz2009 wrote: »
    Ah now, at least the 'Pool fans waited to have a 50/50 decision go against them to start complaining.

Sure I'm only talking history here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Kold wrote: »
    Sure I'm only talking history here.

Again, that's also a Pool fans thing :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

I was thinking the same myself, Rafael would start the game and pick up a cheap yellow card in the first half, then Fabio would put on his jersey at half time and come out for the second half, then he'd foul someone else and the ref would give him a yellow and try and send him off, and Fabio would be like: 'LOL it ain't Rafael, it's me Fabio.' And the ref would be like: 'LOL', and they'd all play on.

something has happened but not to that degree
    Fábio and twin brother Rafael were involved in a case of mistaken identity during a League Cup match against Barnsley, whereby Fábio received a yellow card for a foul actually committed by Rafael.

also
    The wedding ring on Fábio's finger is how Ferguson tells the twins apart, with Fábio already married at the age of 18 to 17-year-old Barbara, who relocated with him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

ahem, eh...COYS... (I feel dirty)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Isn't it a sign of how far spurs have come when they could possibly have 3 players(vdv,bale,modric) fit to wear the united jersey:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Isn't it a sign of how far spurs have come when they could possibly have 3 players(vdv,bale,modric) fit to wear the united jersey:D

Whould you like a bigger spoon?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

I'd go with:

VDS

Rafael Vidic Rio O'Shea(Evra)

Carrick Fletcher

Nani Anderson Giggs

Rooney

Think this'll be the best team to deal with Bale/Assou-Ekotto, Nani and Rafael should pin them back a good bit, and exploit any gaps left when they attack, and have the pace to recover from our own attacks.

Evra generally gets torn apart by Lennon, so hopefully O'Shea won't have the same problems.

Carrick and Fletcher are needed to counter Modric and VDV, if they both start.

O'Shea came off after 60 minutes in the reserves game I think, so he'll fill in for Evra if he is actually injured. Otherwise Evra will start.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Might not be on tomorrow but hoping for a win, think it'll be an open game with too many goals. Good luck to spurs but not too much!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

2-0 utd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Can't believe I want a Redknapp team to win.

COYS

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Only question is which flavour of lubricant will 'Arry use when he inevitably bends over for Fergie tomorrow - Very Cherry or Tingle?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Victor McDade

Genuinely think Spurs could overturn United tomorrow, they've played some excellent football so far. I'd like to see them get 4th again, they're an advert for entertaining football.

Saying that, hopefully United get the win and knock Citeh back below them, where they belong!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

The fact that so many supporters/pundits almost expect Spurs to win tomorrow is setting them up for an epic fail IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Sizing up to be one of the games imo, really think spurs are capable of winning, if they do it`ll give them huge belief, not that there lacking in that department :)

The fact that so many supporters/pundits almost expect Spurs to win tomorrow is setting them up for an epic fail IMO.

That's funny because even Berba doesn't seem to expect us to win this one we just hope we do :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Spurs need the win in this one and tbh I wouldn't put anything past them if they do get a win here. The Inter Milan win earlier in the season I think was huge for this team. They have to get his monkey off their backs now and if they do then anything is possible for them this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,988 ✭✭✭doc_17

Hopefully it'll be a high scoring, incident packed match that excites neutrals. To be honest I'd prefer a spurs win as I think utd (given their games in hand) are in danger of running away with the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Dear United,

Please drop points today, preferably all 3.

Yours sincerely,
    L'prof

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Really looking forward to this, have a great fondness for spurs, but Utd to edge it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

0-0 please

Preferably involving a mass brawl with plenty of reds and suspensions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

L'prof wrote: »
    Dear United,

Please drop points today, preferably all 3.

Yours sincerely,
    L'prof
    Dear L'prof,

Thank you for your letter, it was well received.

Unfortunately in this case we must decline your request, as we intend taking all 3 points today.

Please accept our apologies, and if we may assist you in any other way in the future, don't hesitate to get in contact again.

Kind Regards,

United

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    Really looking forward to this, have a great fondness for spurs, but Utd to edge it.

Usually always good games between the two over the years. I'm looking forward to watching Bale v Rafael. The last game Bale was kept very quiet so it will interesting to see if he has any impact today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭big_show

Frisbee wrote: »
    0-0 please

Preferably involving a mass brawl with plenty of reds and suspensions.

and possible points reductions...

I don't think anyone expects a Spurs win. I think it's the fact that this should be a tough test for both sides and it could go either way.

Hardest game of the season so far, Spurs can be brilliant at home if the mood takes them. Big performances will be required from the back 4 and midfield. Park is a massive massive loss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Just got his text from a friend who is a United supporter:

Team news:

Manchester United make one change for the visit to Spurs on Sunday.
    Mike Dean comes in for the injured Howard Webb.
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,953 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Evra and Scholes arrived with the squad as did Van Der Sar.

Hopefully Evra and VDS are good to go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

Will be glad to get this one out of the way. Utd have owned Spurs for so long now. They're surely due a good result soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

lineup-717775.jpg

plz?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,562 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

United starting 11:
    Van der Sar
    Rafael
    Ferdinand
    Vidic
    Evra
    Nani
    Carrick
    Fletcher
    Giggs
    Rooney
    Berbatov.

Here's our starting XI -
    Gomes;
    Hutton, Dawson, Gallas, Assou-Ekotto;
    Lennon, Modric, Palacios, Bale;
    Van der Vaart
    ; Crouch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,953 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

4 4 2.

I suppose Anderson's energy later in the match will be a good option.

subs:
    Kuszczak, Owen, Anderson, Smalling, Hernandez, Scholes, Evans.

Hrrm, would prefer to see three in central midfield, Anderson for Berba.

we need big games from carrick and fletch,they are gonna be under pressure in the middle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

yabadabado wrote: »
    we need big games from carrick and fletch,they are gonna be under pressure in the middle.

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Rooney Fletch and Carrick all need to preform big time. Rooney gonna have to get stuck in in midfield a fair bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

mars bar wrote: »
    4 4 2.

I suppose Anderson's energy later in the match will be a good option.

I hope its a 442, but I really can't see it.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

I hope its a 442, but I really can't see it.:(

Try putting on your glasses then look again...

They will defo start 442 and if they are getting overrun in midfield they will switch to 451.

The Carrick/Fletcher partnership in a 4-4-2 never convinces me. We may see Rooney going left and Nani right.

• Advertisement
Advertisement