Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spurs V Manchester United K.O. 16:10 Sky Sports

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Drumpot wrote: »
    Will the "neutrals" be complaining about Crouchie getting away with same tackle as Rafael ? I think we all know the answer to that .

It's gone awful quiet in here, hasn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

Le King wrote: »
    Go on....

I don't see anything pathetic about it tbh. Thanks for another sterling contribution though :)

Why do you have to advertise the fact that you're placing someone on ignore? Childish stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,024 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Well they definitely saved the best for last today. Cracking game of ball.

I have to say that the yellow card for Fletcher really annoyed me. Like there is no way he can see Bale coming there, nothing he can do. Very poor decision to yellow card him there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Does Carrick do anything but being poor, total waste of space

Yes. . He looks very very very comfortable at being poor.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

As you could see I responded that I too am annoyed when City players do the same. I'm not saying it is unique to Utd at all.............Good lord man, get a grip. If you've me on ignore for that well then it must be a nightmare for u trying to navigate this forum with the amount of posters you'd have on ignore!!:D

It was a joke buddy, lighten up.

You don't have to explain it, I know what you meant. It was just a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

COYS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

flahavaj wrote: »
    Glad to hear it fluffy. You're too decent.

Why thank you Flah.......I trust you'll remove your thanks to the post suggesting I should be placed on ignore now:p (only jk)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Why do you have to advertise the fact that you're placing someone on ignore? Childish stuff.

Here.

It was a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

nullzero wrote: »
    It's nothing to do with that really.
    It's just that you were completely wrong.
    It happens to us all once in a while.

My opinion = it was dangerous and could quite easily have been red. As I said not a whole lot of difference for me between that and Gerrards tackle last Sunday. Clearly you disagree but isn't that what boards is for? This place wouldn't be much fun if we all agreed on everything.
    Try an iq test then cos there was a world of difference between the tackles. :mad:

No need for the personal abuse my man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

flahavaj wrote: »
    Its a cess pit of a website to be fair.

Oh I agree, but fluffy's reference is no doubt more to do with the song than the site.
    Go on....

I don't see anything pathetic about it tbh. Thanks for another sterling contribution though :)

No worse than the shite you come out with. Piss off to Red Cafe if you don't want to read the thoughts of other supporters.

Actually, surprised you were able to read my response seeing as I'm partial to a bit of Bluemoon singing myself.

As I said, your actions are pathetic.

EDIT: Ah it was a 'joke' I see. Well you what they say about American humour.

• Advertisement

davyjose wrote: »
    It's gone awful quiet in here, hasn't it?

Its funny cause lets say Crouchie gets a yellow in the 2nd half, nothing will be said . .

Now, lets imagine Crouchie was wearing a United Jersey and the same thing happens. All of a sudden another ref has won a game for united . .

Funny how that works isnt it ?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

It was a joke buddy, lighten up.

You don't have to explain it, I know what you meant. It was just a joke.

Thanks, matter dropped then:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Why thank you Flah.......I trust you'll remove your thanks to the post suggesting I should be placed on ignore now:p (only jk)

I was thanking his implied criticism of Bluemoon.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

eagle eye wrote: »
    Well they definitely saved the best for last today. Cracking game of ball.

I have to say that the yellow card for Fletcher really annoyed me. Like there is no way he can see Bale coming there, nothing he can do. Very poor decision to yellow card him there.

Tbh raphaels tackle should have been the only yellow in this game for either side so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Why would you need to rewind and rewatch an incident that you say you clearly saw on first viewing ?

I don't but I could invite you over and show you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Its funny cause lets say Crouchie gets a yellow in the 2nd half, nothing will be said . .

Now, lets imagine Crouchie was wearing a United Jersey and the same thing happens. All of a sudden another ref has won a game for united . .

Funny how that works isnt it ?!

I think he didn't get a card because he was on the ground while rafael was off the ground

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

Anderson for Carrick please, SAF doesn't do half-time subs but I'd like to see it soon.

If Chico comes on I hope it's for Rooney.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭JayMul

Rafael won the ball against Palacios, studs were showing though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭blindpilot

Quite spicy in here this evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Tbh raphaels tackle should have been the only yellow in this game for either side so far.

Fletcher's was a def yellow too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,684 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

smokedeels wrote: »
    Anderson for Carrick please, SAF doesn't do half-time subs but I'd like to see it soon.

If Giggs doesnt doesnt improve he'll be off with Rooney going out on the wing with chico and bera up front

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Been saying Ando should of started but I have to disagree on taking Rooney off. I'd rather see Berbs come off for Chich if anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

I don't but I could invite you over and show you.

I'm not watching on a stream and there no way it was a red, Yellow yes.

Now get down of you're horse and drink your milk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Eh Rooney has been our only player to have a shot on goal , can't take him off

I think he didn't get a card because he was on the ground while rafael was off the ground

You might be right, but my point is that United dont ever get the benefit of the doubt, you know that if Crouchie gets a yellow in the 2nd people would be swearing blind that it was another united ref preferential decision .

Theres a reason why why incidents in United games always garnish more interest (particularly the ones that benefit United). . There are very few neutrals when it comes to united. In all fairness the same can be said of most successful teams in most leagues, but its just annoying that there are awful double standards when reviewing good/bad decisions in United games. .

Ironically the one neutral football fan (in relation to United) that I know is a Spurs fan (ones who have more reason then most to hate us for some of the awful decisions they have been on the end of!).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

Decent game so far ,could go either way.

Modrics the best player on the pitch by a mile.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Berbatov isn't really in the game, Rooney has been more effective thus far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

The defence has been superb, but Modric is running the show in midfield. Both Carrick and Fletcher have ben pretty poor. Rafael has done well on Bale, but has to be careful now on a yellow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Same amount of goals as in the first half will do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

LOL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,528 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Fair play to Giggs for trying that shot.

Glazers Out!

Berbatov isn't really in the game, Rooney has been more effective thus far.

Id disagree with that, Berba and vidic have been out best players so far, Rooney' touch and passing have been very poor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Rooney was better at 17 than he is now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Come on Rooney! More like it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Great save Gomes

Good attempt, good save.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

You might be right, but my point is that United dont ever get the benefit of the doubt, you know that if Crouchie gets a yellow in the 2nd people would be swearing blind that it was another united ref preferential decision .

Theres a reason why why incidents in United games always garnish more interest (particularly the ones that benefit United). . There are very few neutrals when it comes to united. In all fairness the same can be said of most successful teams in most leagues, but its just annoying that there are awful double standards when reviewing good/bad decisions in United games. .

Ironically the one neutral football fan (in relation to United) that I know is a Spurs fan (ones who have more reason then most to hate us for some of the awful decisions they have been on the end of!).

So Carrick didn't deserve to be booked there plus his foul in the first half from a similar position, different ref and he could be off. Or when the ball crossed the line all those seasons ago. In fairness if you're on the other side of the argument you could say the viewer is wearing rose tinted glasses.

°°°°°

Great from Rooney, Spurs backing off.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭blindpilot

Good save Gomes.

°°°°°

Fletcher was hopeless there.
    He and Carrick having a stinker.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement

Little better from united midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,953 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Anderson warming up. That can only be a good thing...

°°°°°

Anderson warming up.
    Hopefully he can avoid getting booked if and when he comes on.

Glazers Out!

Definitely need Anderson on to provide a bit of spark.

So Carrick didn't deserve to be booked there plus his foul in the first half from a similar position, different ref and he could be off. Or when the ball crossed the line all those seasons ago. In fairness if you're on the other side of the argument you could say the viewer is wearing rose tinted glasses.

funny how you were one of the many "netrals" that never mentioned the crouchie foul . .

Carrick was lucky not to be booked . . Differance between me and you is that I can concede and accept bad calls on both sides . .

°°°°°

How many free kicks have United given away today?
    The might be a possibility that Spurs have been going down slightly easily today.

Glazers Out!

It really gives me peace of mind seeing VDS in goals, just a class act

Do Spurs fans rate Palacios?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

GET CHICO ON!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,953 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Nani off... :confused:

I know he hasn't done a lot but he could come up with something special off the cuff.

Advertisement