Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taking Direct Debit/Standing Order from BOI Savings account

Options
  • 14-01-2011 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,
    I have a BOI Savings account which I can lodge to and withdraw from on demand (lodge via online, withdraw by going into the bank).

I am about to starting paying for rented property and want to pay my bills via Direct Debit. Can this be done with this BOI Savings Account? I would prefer not to use my Current Account for DD/SO

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭sarahlulu

No, direct debits and standing orders can only be taken from a current account.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

sarahlulu wrote: »
    No, direct debits and standing orders can only be taken from a current account.

Feck! Thanks for clearing that up though

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Rebel1977

No direct debits/standing orders can be debited from a savings/deposit account, have to use current account for this.

Advertisement