Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

when does 2nd semester start?

Options
  • 14-01-2011 10:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭

is there a point showing up...i think i failed more than 2 in my first yr xmas exams

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Most people are back on Monday but there are postponed Christmas exams in between.

Of course you should turn up. Just because you failed a few exams at Christmas doesn't mean it's the end of the world. You can resit/ repeat them. Try a lot harder this semester, you're only in first year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭partyndbs

i know but can i sit my summer exams and repeat the first half of the semester like sometime in the future...am rly gonna give it socks this term...its my goal

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

partyndbs wrote: »
    i know but can i sit my summer exams and repeat the first half of the semester like sometime in the future...am rly gonna give it socks this term...its my goal

Really should give it your all. A mate of mine had repeats all through is college life for the sake of just knuckling down abit. Cost him a fortune too. Smart as they come, just couldn't be arsed.

Best of luck with it this time round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭muffinz

Im pretty sure I failed one module, because I did terrible in the exam. When would the repeats be and how much would it cost?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

muffinz wrote: »
    Im pretty sure I failed one module, because I did terrible in the exam. When would the repeats be and how much would it cost?

You can get the answers here. A resit would be €230 and would be in May if a resit is offered.

Resit/Repeat Information:
    http://www.ucd.ie/students/resits_repeats/
    Repeat Fees 2010/11
    http://www.ucd.ie/registry/adminservices/fees/repeats/first_year.htm

There have been lots of threads on this recently, I posted the same link in another thread too. You can find out most things you want to know on repeats, resits and substitutions in those threads. Plus if you Google "UCD repeats", the first two replies give all possible details about repeats! It is not rocket science to find these things out!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Each semester is independant. Think of it as a clean slate. You'll have to make up for your failed modules at some point, but that doesn't mean you need to drop out or anything. You haven't fcuked everything up... yet ;) Talk to your programme office if you're confused about the the resit/repeat situation.

College starts back tomorrow. Get your arse into campus and start working!

Advertisement