Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Obese pets

Options
  • 14-01-2011 10:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭

So there I was walking out of my local supermarket this evening when I noticed a Labrador tied to a post and that poor dog was obese. Fat as Fuk! While the poor thing sat up on his hunches his belly was hitting the ground :/
    It then seemed like it was an effort for the poor thing to sit up and it laid down, sloth like, on the pavement.

You would think a friend of the owner or a vet would tell the owner to wise up and slow down stuffing doggie biscuits in him.

A disgrace. I thought about reporting the owner to the RSPCA but as dogs don't have license plates I reckoned I was on to a non starter. I don't think asking the owner for their particulars would have been clever either.

Either way I was wondering... if you knew someone with an obese pet would you take it up with them?

By the way I know the dog was a he as it had a huge dong. Possibly due to being fat as fuk.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Great username by the way...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Put it on operation transformation

• Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭sonic85

put down the owner then bring the dog for a walk

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Koshea

Start eating dog biscuits.....

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭ellieswellies

Was the owner fat?

Fat people tend to have fat pets.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Slow news day?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

My sister has a Labrador who suffers from weight and motivation issues too.
    It must be something to do with the breed?

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭PrincessLola

Maybe the dog is just a lazy bastard.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

labradors generally get quite heavy when they get older, suffer with their joints too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

My sister has a Labrador who suffers from weight and motivation issues too.

Cutting feeds down to once a week addresses this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭VinnyTGM

phasers wrote: »
    labradors generally get quite heavy when they get older, suffer with their joints too.

No they get quite heavy if their owner overfeeds them, which will result in bad joints from the weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,354 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Apparently my dog is getting fat! Now he may be slightly bigger at his ass, but to call him fat is an insult. Still just as slender as he was. Do have a neighbouring labrador who is suffering with weight though....poor thing.

Advertisement