Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

05 santa fe fuel staved

• 14-01-2011 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

How ye trying to figure out what the problem is and could do with advice please.
    It started off with lack of power and then very hard to start. I ran a diagnostics and came up clear.I changed the fuel filter and got the injectors tested and cleaned and she still is at the the same thing . Any ideas or came across some thing like it would be a great help please.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

I'd check the voltage that the fuel pump is getting.

Have you had the physical fuel pressure at the rail tested?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Petrol, diesel, turbo? Throw in a bit more detail there bud. OK a bit drunk here. im taking its a 2 litre diesel with the oil filter down the back left of the engine??? CPS?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Stacks Mad

2ltr cdx 05 . ya its the one with the fuel filter housing on the left hand side. Went to 4 breakers yard to see if they had the solinied that turns off the engine and any bits connected to the fuel system were all gone so I'm thinking its a common problem.

It's getting the fuel 12vs to the two fuel pumps.
    any more ideas??

please and thank you (its driving me mad)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭shamwari

Someone in this forum a while back reported a similar Santa Fé problem, and he said it was the EGR valve. I have no idea how an EGR fault could cause a hard start, but there you go.

Apart from that, I'd look at the live data and see what sort of rail pressure you are getting when you crank it. The last iffy Santa Fé I looked at required a new diesel filter and a battery to get the rail pressure up to the magic limit!

EDIT: This is the post here: it may not be the same Santa Fé model or symptoms, but worth a look anyway

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Theres a Fuel pipe(metal one) coming from the rail to the injectors(or rail to pump--cant remember but theyre the only metal ones there) on these that used to crack causing exactly the symptoms you describe ie lack of power and hard starting.

As far as I can remember it was the longest one there--3 are the same length and one longer one.

Apparently the vibrations of the engine were causing them to crack and Hyundai modified it.Might be worth having a look at.

• Advertisement

shamari thats a great help with the link to the tread and your own advice.
    She has the older model 2.0 liter engine so form reading the forms its not a great engine .

Thanks for the replies guys and hopefully I'l get to the bottom of it.
    Il post when I get her sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭crosshair1

What diagnostics are you using?
    Can you check what the rail pressure is when cranking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Injectors give trouble on these AFAIK, have you done a leak test on them?

I know you said you had them tested, how did you get that done?

Other post I took out the injectors and numbered them and gave to a fella in loughrea who only fixes injectors and he tested them and said that they were fine .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

I'd be inclined to get them tested in place using the measuring tubes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭crosshair1

As slidey says have the injector leak off checked as its relatively easy to do.

The injectors will not be triggered if the rail pressure doesnt rise above 150-200bar or 1v at the sensor.
    This is usually due to excessive injector leak back, poor h.p. pump elements, restriction in the supply to the hp pump.
    If you confirm that you have this pressure then fuelling is not your problem

Will it fire and run with a sniff of easystart??

Its probably advisable that if your not comfortable carrying out tests on these systems you may be better off leaving it to a garage that is.

Advertisement