Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have money and a site - what next??

Options
  • 14-01-2011 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

hi
    i have a site...and around 200k in the bank, profit from sale of house..we are waiting for planning permission (in appeal). problem is we are finding it v hard to rent. our budget is 1000 a month and we have a dog. currently we are living in a v unsuitable house and its too expensive. have been trying for 3 months to move..no luck..
    starting thinking....why not put a mobile home on site? do i need PP??
    any suggestions?
    thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Belnavar

You shouldn't need planning permission for a mobile home. A lot of people who build their own house live in a mobile home on site while the building is going on. Not the most comfortable, but worth it for a few months to save money and so that you can oversee the build as well.

-Bel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Sugarfree

ashmac wrote: »
    hi
    i have a site...and around 200k in the bank, profit from sale of house..we are waiting for planning permission (in appeal). problem is we are finding it v hard to rent. our budget is 1000 a month and we have a dog. currently we are living in a v unsuitable house and its too expensive. have been trying for 3 months to move..no luck..
    starting thinking....why not put a mobile home on site? do i need PP??
    any suggestions?
    thanks.

Good idea to wait on site to be honest. One certain section of the Irish community have been known to steal expensive lead and other materials from building sites. It depends on the size of the site and whether or not you can connect up to any utilities.

Advertisement