Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you ever think you're a camera?

• 15-01-2011 12:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭

Do you ever think about photography so much you think you're a camera?

I've more than once told people my aperture is sore when I meant I had an eye-ache. And today in work I walked into the bathroom and there wasn't any lights on so there was a weird blue glow and I thought to myself 'better fix this white balance' when I was looking for a switch.

Does this happen to anyone else?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

no.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,399 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

never :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Scamp- wrote: »
    Do you ever think about photography so much you think you're a camera?

I've more than once told people my aperture is sore when I meant I had an eye-ache. And today in work I walked into the bathroom and there wasn't any lights on so there was a weird blue glow and I thought to myself 'better fix this white balance' when I was looking for a switch.

Does this happen to anyone else?

OMG, sit down and shutter your eyes :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Haha, not really, but I have often thought as I walk along [and didn't have a camera on me] wouldn't it be great if you could capture images with your eyes at a blink!? And telepathically send them to your pc :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Sorry, can't seem to focus on what you're saying right now, must be the beer... :D

But, no. Nope, don't think I'm a camera.
    But I comute in a gorgeous scenic location every morning, and I often do find myself ruminating about what aperture or shutter speed I'd need for that bit, or that bit... or around that corner, oh... look at that ! I'm a right danger on the roads since I took up photography.
    Anyway look, just have another one, I know I will ;).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I thought I was a camera once... But I snapped out of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭charybdis

This reminds me of one of my favourite photography-related quotes:
    The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera.

If there's one thing I think about photography and learning to be a better photographer, it's learning to see and think in terms of how the camera sees. You're not crazy if you're starting to think you're a camera, you're just starting to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭jackie1974

I find it helps if you take off your lens cover and if that doesn't work f8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Slidinginfinity

You need to watch this -> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0048188/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭Fnergg

I know a guy who thinks he's a Canon.

Come to think of it, he IS a Canon.

He was previously a Parish Priest.

Regards,

Fnergg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Kbeg3

Like Thecageyone said I've often tried to snap a photo with my eyes when I was without a camera.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

I'd be a bit wary if someone told me they had a sore aperture...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

When I was working printing pictures on a minilab system back in the day, I more than once commented that things in the real world could use a little more or less of either cyan, magenta, or most commonly yellow.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Wasn't there a Film about this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

CabanSail wrote: »
    Wasn't there a Film about this?
    We're not in the 90's.... It was a digital short

Never thought I was a camera.

One thing I do find myself doing every now and again though, is playing with my Depth of Field :P

I'll look at someone, and focus on them, and then I'll look at something behind them, far away, and I'll see how my eyes adjust to focus on each of them. Or if I'm looking out the window, I'll alternate between looking at the window/blinds/dirt on the window, and something outside the window far away. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I remember reading somewhere in the past that the human eyes are like a pair of 50mm lenses combined - we see basically what a 50mm [full frame] sees as far as distance goes, but obviously we have much wider range.

Not all that far fetched when you think about it. We have an iris each eye, which act like the aperture blades on a lens. When light hits your eyes your pupil/aperture narrows down to f/22+ :D ... Lazy humans, in full auto, light sensitive mode.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Often my cameras think they're human. I'd wake in the morning and find them asleep together on the table, an "after the night before" scenario. Always the same: obviously a fight's taken place as one's usually on the floor in bits, my vodka bottle's empty, all my hash has been smoked and the Canon looks very guilty with herself and her hot shoe has a rash.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Rainbowsend

Ah come on Scamp....get a grip!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

I dont look at it that way. But I'll often think to myself - I need Iso400 f/2.8 1/60th or whatever, even if I dont have the camera with me. I find that I generally am within +-1 stop, but still need to work on it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭101001

not necessarily a camera but i often think to myself ctrl z. Say for example i put a pen on the table, it falls off. I actually think to myself ctrl z. I then kind of snap out of it, realise I have to do it myself and pick it up. I swear i catch myself doing this once or twice a week.

Should i be worried?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

I did think I was a camera once, but it was right after I'd accidentally drank the fixer, so I'm thinking that was more than coincidence.

Advertisement