Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Quorn Selection In Dublin??

Options
  • 15-01-2011 12:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

Just wondering if there's anywhere in Dublin that has a good Quorn selection, I usually get mine in Dunnes/Tescos etc but they always just have the Chicken & Sausages,

Cheers,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Tesco Jervis usually has the Dippers, various Fillets, Sweedish Meatballs, and the the pieces/sausages and the like. And they usually carry the cold stuff aswell like the deli slices.

Apart from that Iceland Illac has a decent enough selection, with a bit of variation> they carry southern strips and a few other products that are usually only found in the UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Luke G

Excellent Stuff,

Thanks Very Much!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

I was in a big Dunnes (Cornelscourt) today and saw some of the Quorn range in the fridge - peppered steaks, ham slices, sausage and a few other bits. Never know they did ham slices before. There were other items in the freezer too. But they aren't vegan so I could't buy any :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Tesco in Nutgrove usually* have a huge Quorn selection.

You like Quorn sausages? I'm a Linda McCartney fan, myself!

*I haven't been out there in a while but they always have every time I've been there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭awesom_o

Tesco merrion.

Its amazing. It had loads of quorn stuff I've never seen in one side of the store (quorn chicken slices and quorn paté) and then the usual stuff in the freezer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Luke G

I was in a big Dunnes (Cornelscourt) today and saw some of the Quorn range in the fridge - peppered steaks, ham slices, sausage and a few other bits. Never know they did ham slices before. There were other items in the freezer too. But they aren't vegan so I could't buy any :)

Thanks for that & To everyone who replied I'm in quorn heaven all week thanks to yous :-)

Iceland do a great 'Quorn Roast' it's like chicken or turkey GREAT for a sunday dinner & costs 4.50, serves a few aswel, Anyone ever try it????

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snowey07

Luke G wrote: »

Iceland do a great 'Quorn Roast' it's like chicken or turkey GREAT for a sunday dinner & costs 4.50, serves a few aswel, Anyone ever try it????

I love the quorn roast - its yummy in sandwiches as well. Until xmas it was €3 in iceland but now its €4.50 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

snowey07 wrote: »
    I love the quorn roast - its yummy in sandwiches as well. Until xmas it was €3 in iceland but now its €4.50 :(

I usually cook it, and eat it cold in sandwiches with homemade stuffing.

Delish.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭kthnxbai

I've found superquinn to be good too...

My Tesco used to have a decent(ish) selection but then they just axed a load of the products... particularly the non-freezery ones

Those fake ham slices are the freakiest thing I've ever smelt/saw in my life... They're like the quorn rashers but raw... they just look so very very odd...

They do a chicken thing with cheese in it.. it's really good... not the one with the broccoli too cause that tastes a bit funky, but again, in the non-frozen part they have the breaded chicken with cheese thing...

Though my superquinn doesn't do this one and Tesco decided not to stock it and it's not in Dunnes or anything :(

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭gawker

Just bumping this threat to say I think I've found the best Quorn selection in Dublin - Iceland! Had a google earlier trying to track down a good place to buy it.

My local Tesco and Lidl have had a very limited range lately so I checked out Iceland in Ballyfermot on the way home from work. They have a full deep freezer of the stuff, including "Turkey" burgers, Burgers, Chicken Pieces, Curry ready meals for lazy days, sausages and roasts. Most were €2 a pop too, so I spent €20 and I think I have enough for the next month or so.

Just throwing it out there for the next time someone needs to track down some mycoprotein. I promise I don't work for them :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement