Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survey

Options
  • 15-01-2011 1:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi, I'm a young entrepreneur embarking on a new business adventure, and I was hoping I could get some feedback on the following questions. These questions are aimed at parents of children under the age of about twelve, though if anyone else feels that they can provide insight, feel free. This is the survey I plan to distribute in a week or so to creches, nurseries, schools and other places where I may find parents of fairly young children. If you have any questions about the business or the survey, I'll be happy to answer them
    : )

1. How many children do you have?

2. How old are your children?

3. Do you have a regular babysitter or child minder who comes to your home?

4. If not, would you be in need of such a service?
    (b) If so, how much would you pay them per hour?

5. If your regular source of childcare was unavailable, what would you do?

6. When searching for childcare what information would you like to be available to you about the person you would be hiring?

7. Would you feel comfortable choosing a babysitter or child minder from an online directory?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan

Siobhan, in my opinion an online directory for child care isn't a viable business. The problem is as soon as one baby sitter doesn't show up or worse harms a child - your responsible in part and your reputation will go down the tubes. This would be very high risk in my opinion.

Also if they like the baby sitter you sent, they'll just cut you out of the equation and therefore theres no reliable revenue stream. I just can't see how it would work in practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭aidan.connolly

Hi Siobhan,

Having two children myself, the first question I would answer would be question seven and the answer would be "No" .

I would not trust any online directory for Babysitting or childcare.

Sorry

Aidan

Advertisement