Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Weigel discusses Communist infiltration of Church institutions

• 15-01-2011 1:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭

(CWN) George Weigel-- the author of the definitive biography of Pope John Paul II (Witness to Hope)-- has offered additional details of Communist regimes’ efforts to subvert the Church.

Speaking at the Pontfical North American College about his recently-released The End and the Beginning: Pope John Paul II -- The Victory of Freedom, the Last Years, the Legacy, Weigel said that previously classified documents from Communist regimes reveal that in the late 1960s, half of the seminarians and all of the seminary rectors of the Pontifical Hungarian Institute were trained by Hungarian intelligence.

“Weigel said communist moles were placed successfully at Vatican Radio, at the Vatican newspaper and in pontifical universities,” according to a CNS report. “When Pope John Paul II was elected, he took some counter-intelligence steps; for one thing, materials dealing with Poland were no longer archived in the Secretariat of State but were kept in the papal apartment.”

Weigel also stated that in 1983, Polish security attempted to smear the Pontiff’s reputation, creating a fake diary that portrayed a decease female employee of the Archdiocese of Krakow as the Pontiff’s lover. The security official who planted the diary in a priest’s home became drunk, however, and started telling others what he had done.

http://www.catholicculture.org/news/headlines/index.cfm?storyid=8901

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

Why? There sure are some evil people out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭alex73

Yes. I heard of this before. Regarding the Hungarian communist agents, some of them were actually double agents, and the Vatican knew of them. Church in Hungary was oppressed and it was either cooperated with government or be killed.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Presumably these tactics are ongoing in China, targeting various denominations which do not belong to the various "Patriotic" churches.

It seems Judas Iscariot is alive and well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭ubertrad

This is a good little book which describes the strategy of Communists who got men into the seminaries. They had a few tricks up their sleeve and sought to undermine atholic faith - very successfully it seems. Whether or not this account is based on a true event, the changes it describes have come to pass.

AA-1025: The Memoirs of an Anti-Apostle

Bella Dodd was a Communist Party of America member and she admitted during her conversion to Catholicism under Bishop Fulton Sheen, that she had personally been responsible for getting 100 men into the seminaries there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭kelly1

ubertrad wrote: »
    This is a good little book which describes the strategy of Communists who got men into the seminaries. They had a few tricks up their sleeve and sought to undermine atholic faith - very successfully it seems. Whether or not this account is based on a true event, the changes it describes have come to pass.

AA-1025: The Memoirs of an Anti-Apostle

Bella Dodd was a Communist Party of America member and she admitted during her conversion to Catholicism under Bishop Fulton Sheen, that she had personally been responsible for getting 100 men into the seminaries there.

I read that, very interesting indeed, if it's true!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭ubertrad

kelly1 wrote: »
    I read that, very interesting indeed, if it's true!

Even if the story is not true, it is accurate. All that is mentioned happened. That way of thinking prevailed in the post-Concilliar era: denial of hell, heaven, miracles, sin etc...

I dont get it, what was their goal? To bring down the Church? By making it nicer for everybody? Its weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Xizors Palace

newmug wrote: »
    I dont get it, what was their goal? To bring down the Church? By making it nicer for everybody? Its weird.

They saw the Catholic Church as their main obstacle to world domination. Since you can't destroy the Church from without, best to destroy it from within, by infiltrating the Church, undermining, subverting, and destroying the faith of the people and thus rendering the Church neutralised.

Do you think Barack Obama would have got in power in America if Catholics there had a strong faith? Would good Catholics vote for the most pro-abortion president in American history? The Democrats know all this. It was the Catholic vote that got him in. Check out these videos:

They saw the Catholic Church as their main obstacle to world domination. Since you can't destroy the Church from without, best to destroy it from within, by infiltrating the Church, undermining, subverting, and destroying the faith of the people and thus rendering the Church neutralised.

I still dont get it. I understand what you're saying, but I dont understand how the commies thought promoting a more love-like God, and less fire-and-brimstone type stuff would destroy peoples faith! If anything, it brought MORE people to Catholicism, people on the fringes who were sick of pomp and ceremony, and fear. It included MORE people and STRENGTHENED their faith! Look at JP2, he's the perfect example of this new, soft Catholicism.

If anything, paedophiles using our Church as a hiding place did the most damage of all. It was an excuse for those with little faith and other hangers on to leave. I wonder did the commies plant them?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Xizors Palace

newmug wrote: »
    I still dont get it. I understand what you're saying, but I dont understand how the commies thought promoting a more love-like God, and less fire-and-brimstone type stuff would destroy peoples faith! If anything, it brought MORE people to Catholicism, people on the fringes who were sick of pomp and ceremony, and fear. It included MORE people and STRENGTHENED their faith! Look at JP2, he's the perfect example of this new, soft Catholicism.

If anything, paedophiles using our Church as a hiding place did the most damage of all. It was an excuse for those with little faith and other hangers on to leave. I wonder did the commies plant them?

The commies wanted to destroy the faith of the people such that the God they ended up believing in was essentially not the God of the Christian faith. they wanted belief in a God that cares little about sin, an anyway, since there is no heaven or hell, what's the point?

If you think JPII was a soft catholic you are mistaken. He ordered the Catechism to be compiled and he stamped out, as best he could, the liberalism in the Church. He also strove for an authentic implementation and interpretation of Vatican II, a Council which communists also tried to interfere with and direct to advance their agenda.

Yes, the liberalism bought more people into 'Catholic-Lite' which is not the same as the Catholic faith, it is a dumbed down counterfeit. What use is that? What use is salt that ain't even salty any more? That's the situation we are left with. When the chips are down they run away.

You have to understand that commies are simply stooges of the devil. The devil wanted sexual deviants in the priesthood, so he got his stooges to arrange it. Read the comments below the article I just posted above. You will get a lot of insights that way. But avoid Anne Rice, she has a chip on her shoulder and rants a lot.

But Benedict is continuing where his predecessor left off, and a fine job he is doing. God is love, yeah, but for those who reject God, all that is left is divine justice. Hell fire really is nothing more than the burning fire of God's love which burns all those who have rejected and defiled divine love. For everything that is not love will be burned up. Read the Diary of St. Faustina, it explains all this beautifully and shows why we need not be afraid of God who holds out his loving and merciful hand to us, imploring that we grasp his hand and let ourselves be loved. This is the real Catholicism and it is truly beautiful - I hope you take the time to get to learn about it!

^^^^^^^ If I could thank you twice, I would!

Advertisement