Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green lights over the city

Options
  • 15-01-2011 2:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Did anyone see the green lights over the city tonight!? Followed them and found they were coming out of a window in St Vincent's primary school on North Monastery Road. Anyone have any idea what they were there for!!? Thought it was extremely random!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

I was watching them too, they looked good..:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭themonboys

It was coming from the North Monastery.It was a reenactment of Br Burke's 1877 light display over Cork to mark the start of the North Mon's Bicentennial Celebrations in 2011.
    See more at
    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=12809&id=100001780501030&l=c4770f48d4

BrBurkeLaserShow14thJan2011109.jpg

BrBurkeLaserShow14thJan2011322copy.jpg

BrBurkeLaserShow14thJan2011106.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

surprised theres no problem with these being so near an airport and all that

surprised theres no problem with these being so near an airport and all that

That was all accounted for in the planning stages. It pointed Southwestwards, away from the flight path.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

themonboys wrote: »
    It was coming from the North Monastery.

BrBurkeLaserShow14thJan2011322copy.jpg

It this yours, page 22 Evening Echo tonight?

• Advertisement

gbee wrote: »
    It this yours, page 22 Evening Echo tonight?

The above picture is mine but it's not the same picture that featured in todays echo, which I didn't take.

Advertisement