Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brunch ice cream has about 10 biscuit crumbs on it nowadays.

Options
  • 15-01-2011 3:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭

Have any of you had a Brunch lately? I remember eating them when I was a kid and got an instant craving for one when I saw it in the shop recently. I opened it up to find the thinnest sprinkling of biscuits on it ever, about 2mm between each crumb. You could see the ice cream through them. It's supposed to look like this

Untitled.jpg

The last time I had one it was just like the picture, the sneaky fothermuckers thought I wouldn't notice. I can't exactly return the item in the state I found it like normal snacks... Anyways this is obviously a cost cutting measure, and it's ridiculous.

Is it worth complaining to HB over this? Btw they have no contact info on the packaging! I had to go through their shyte flash website to get it.
    Post edited by Mystery Egg on

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Mars bars are smaller while your at it, complain to them as well ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

The iceberg in the tub is the same. It actually says on the ingredients, 'biscuit 9.7%'.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Snacks & Sweets

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭0verblood

Davy wrote: »
    The iceberg in the tub is the same. It actually says on the ingredients, 'biscuit 9.7%'.

What?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Whilst you're complaining about the lack of bits on a Brunch - the bits used to be mostly crunchy, now they're always soft.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

0verblood wrote: »
    What?
    You can get 1L tubs of iceberg or brunch icecream with bits in them. I had normal brunches a while ago and thought it was reasonable enough (I remember them being bigger but a lot of that is down to being a kid with smaller hands -the creme egg phenomenon), I then got a tub of brunch and it had an embarrasingly pitiful amount of crumbs in it.

I went to a catering show once and they had a HB stand with whippy ice cream properly pulled from a machine into a tub, then they had a big tub of brunch crumbs and let you help yourself to them -I took full advantage:pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭0verblood

What I'm asking is, is it worth complaining to them?

The worst part is, it still says on the packet "Made to the traditional recipe" That has to be illegal, blatantly lying like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

0verblood wrote: »
    What I'm asking is, is it worth complaining to them?

The worst part is, it still says on the packet "Made to the traditional recipe" That has to be illegal, blatantly lying like that.

It says biscuit crumble should be 14.7%

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

star-pants wrote: »
    Whilst you're complaining about the lack of bits on a Brunch - the bits used to be mostly crunchy, now they're always soft.

I noticed this too. The biscuit tastes stale. They definitely are not what they used to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

OP complain if you want to - that's what their customer service is there for. If people don't give feedback, how are they to know? But they may just respond with an apology and that'd be that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 sjsj

Just had HB raspberry ripple icream ...disappointing, not creamy at all, more watery than creamy...& no sign of a ripple,just the faintest ghost of raspberry.…

:-(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

That's quite the zombie thread. Closed!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement