Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Turf in woodfuel?

• 15-01-2011 3:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I'm a bit green so forgive me if this is a stupid question.

I am currently building in an area where turf (peat) is readily available for sale from locals (for the foreseeable future anyway until EU rules finally get the upper hand).

My question is if I install a "woodburning" stove and/or kitchen range can I burn the old fashioned sods of turf in them?

Appreciate any advice.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Ask your supplier, but I have a wood only range and turf (dry!) is fine in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,321 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I'm a bit green so forgive me
    You're in the right forum so ;)

As stated check with the supplier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭coillsaille

Thanks Mothman and Muffler, will be checking with suppliers anyway but was just wondering if anyone had experience of using turf in woodburning stoves.
    You're in the right forum so
    -:D Yeah I had just hit submit when I spotted the unintended pun :)

P.S. Mothman could you pm me with your range details, Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Wally Runs

Not labour the point but turf is very much not a green fuel, however if you do burn it in your stove, be sure it is well dry (as you would with wood) and expect a lot more ash.

Advertisement