Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

bicycle parts 'car boot sale' anywhere?

• 15-01-2011 3:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭

I think I read about one in Wicklow a while back, anyone know of any place like this?

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,653 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I suspect you are thinking of the one Ryan Sherlock mentioned (whic h took place on 1 June)- here's his blog entry

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Could we arrange another one in the near future? looks like a great idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

CramCycle wrote: »

Some place like a pub carpark?
    It is a good idea.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

ROK ON wrote: »
    Some place like a pub carpark?
    It is a good idea.

All we'd have to decide is where is the best place, any recommendations for a suitable (location wise) pub with car park?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 260 ✭✭mo_bhicycle

CramCycle wrote: »
    Would there be any interest in having one before a race or sportive?

Might be a bit messy at some of the bigger races or sportives (Gorey, Wicklow 200, SKT etc.) but maybe at some of the smaller ones it might work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭happytramp

Words cannot describe how much I would like this. It makes me so jealous that they take place in England every few weeks. The car park of the George Bernard Shaw at the top of Camden St. has been used for car boot/jumble sale events in the past. If memory serves me well there was an event catering specifically for fashionable fixed gear bikes a year or so ago. It's quite small scale so even if not that many sellers turned up it could still be quite a success. I really think this should happen and am willing to help in any way possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭happytramp

In my head this is what it will look like :)

bike-jumblejpg-37f49310cc84ae3b_large.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

I forgot to check back here! I would be interested in helping out if anyone has organised one before. maybe its not the right weather but maybe a month from now?

or hopefully someone else is planning something already. Im currently begining expeimentation with drillium, nothing too extreme as I want the parts to be safe and functional.

this guy has some nice stuff: http://www.flickr.com/photos/54616231@N04/5058082579/in/set-72157625110926546/

http://cgi.ebay.ie/Campagnolo-52-NR-Chain-Ring-Milled-Colnago-Masi-Rosa-/230573709916?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35af439a5c

also will be trying out something that I havent seen done before with bike parts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭Joeyde

bump!

Is there still any interest in this? The weather is here and I picked up a couple old frames I want to bring back to life and this would be perfect to get some cheap bits together/advice!

Advertisement